At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning design and development, someone with the technical expertise to build highly engaging and interactive learning experiences. If you enjoy working for a team-centric, fast-paced, innovative, and customer-oriented organization, this is the perfect opportunity for you. At Rogers, we are serious about learning, and we’re building a world-class Design and Development team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building and maintaining online courses using platforms like Xyleme, rapid e-learning authoring tools like Articulate Storyline and animation tools like GoAnimate.
- Designing and developing rich multimedia content, including audio and video assets, illustrations, animations, and interactive content.
- Loading e-learning courses to the learning management system (LMS), testing for technical correctness and usability, and successfully troubleshooting related technical issues.
- Demonstrating superior technical expertise in the field of e-learning or web development to help lead the design team into the future.
- Researching new technologies to improve e-learning development processes and standards, and recommending innovative changes to deliver cutting-edge e-learning content.
- Designing, developing and implementing classroom-based training materials, including participant and instructor guides, job aids, assessments and support tools for systems-based content.
- Facilitating Train-the-Trainer sessions for our programs.
- Providing constructive input during all phases of the learning design and development process.
- Conducting needs analysis using sound design principles to identify and define training needs.
- Collaborating effectively and enthusiastically with other members of the learning development team and our business clients.
- Analyzing test results, evaluations and reports to determine trends and respond with follow-up information where required.
Key skills and experience:
- University, College or Adult Education Certification or Degreepreferred.
- Five years of experience in learning design (conducting needs analysis, setting objectives, developing course material, preparation and evaluation procedures for leader-led and e-learning content).
- Experience developing content leveraging Xyleme or a similar XML based LCMS is an asset.
- Three years of experience developing interactive web-based courses using rapid e-learning authoring tools, preferably Articulate Storyline.
- Experience creating robust system simulations.
- Experience in preparing and troubleshooting SCORM/AICC compliant e-learning packages, and working knowledge of SCORM and AICC standards.
- Proficiency with graphic design and multimedia software, preferably Adobe software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, Animate, Muse) and GoAnimate.
- Proven aptitude for and interest in leading-edge development tools and technology.
- Experience with responsive web design, mobile learning, and mobile application development is an asset.
- Strong understanding of the fundaments of graphic design.
- Expertise in user interface design for e-learning course development.
- Experience developing and editing eLearning courses using HTML templates.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current web-based and in-class instructional theories and principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to write and speak French is an asset.
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day Length of Contract: 12 Months Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements: Up to 10% Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Training Operations Requisition ID: 109208