Job ID: EN_US_1704224
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We're looking for an Innovation Specialist Area Manager to utilize his or her unique combination of people management, sales and technical service skills to promote industry leading innovations to growers.
Innovation Specialist Area Manager (Remote Position) (1704224) - Northern Cornbelt (MN, SD, WI)
As an Innovation Specialist Area Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Innovation Specialists charged with driving accelerated sales growth of BASF's new innovations to assigned growers; developing, cultivating and maintaining business relationships with top growers; working effectively with retail partners.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Ensure Innovation Specialists promote Crop Protection innovations and solutions within the assigned area by calling on growers to communicate the value of BASF's new innovations, focusing on the benefits of using BASF crop protection products and services, in accordance with established policy of the company
- Motive, coach and recruit the best team to achieve the maximum ROI opportunity & professional development of the assigned team
- Lead the team through effective partnerships with tech services, area sales teams, retailers and channel partners to be the growers' innovation product expert
- Work with Innovation Specialist Team, Marketing, Sales & Technical Service personnel to formulate an appropriate business plan to maximize sales at the most effective cost for resources employed
- Develop a value based sales strategy for the assigned team of Innovation Specialists to assist each customer based on their unique needs, interests and business goals and objectives resulting in a customized solution
- Represent the area of responsibility to develop business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers, including developing short and long term action plans to anticipate and respond to market dynamics
- Report on competitive actions and promotions
Where you'll work…
You'll be managing a team in Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Ideally, you will reside between the Greater Minneapolis and Greater Sioux Falls area, and will be based within commutable distance to an airport.
Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
As a leader for BASF, you will…
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
As a leader for BASF, you are expected to…
Play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelordegree with 10+ years overall experience or an MS/advanced degree in with 5+ years overall experience
- 5+ years selling or technical experience, or experience within an Agricultural related field; i.e.: seed, chemical, equipment or crop consulting
- A track record of excellent leadership, people, and interaction skills as well as demonstrated good judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates; Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel overnight/weekly
- Demonstrated ability to be developed within the organization, including relocating
We Also Look For…
- BS/BA, Masters or advanced degree in Science (such as Agronomy, Chemistry, Biology), Business or Related Field
- 8+ years selling or technical experience, or experience within an Agricultural related field (such as Seed, Chemical, Equipment or Crop Consulting)
- Previous personnel management experience