Amazon Web Services’ Hardware Engineering team is looking for experienced Manufacturing Test Professionals to help build the world’s premier cloud computing platform. We are looking for Manufacturing Test Engineers capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment. Our Manufacturing Test Engineers manage and develop test plans and strategies across numerous platforms and architectures. They develop and automate hardware tests for servers and systems using scripting while ensuring required specifications are met including analyzing and recording data. They will also participate in testing long term reliability of storage, servers and components. They are expected to handle personal project management, execution, and ongoing hardware test support of the all products in production as well as new product introductions. We are looking for upper echelon in hardware test and test process development.
· 5+ years overall hardware engineering and test/validation experience
· Experience testing of memory subsystems and power supplies
· Knowledge of server, storage, power supply, and interconnects with deep exposure to SSD, RAID, SAS controllers and HDD
· 2+ years experience with a UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
· 2+ years scripting experience (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell)
· Hands on experience de-bugging and characterizing sub-systems particularly HDD, SSD, PCIe flash, RAID & SAS controllers.
· B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related technical field
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Understanding of production monitoring and metrics
· Understanding of manufacturing test environments
· Experience with complex SQL scripts, database administration, and/or database modeling, preferably with Oracle