Post Doctoral Position – Single Cell Biologist - Assay Design and Protein Therapeutics Group
1-2 Year Duration
The Assay Design and Protein Therapeutics group is seeking a talented and experienced immunobiologist to contribute to our efforts in Global Therapeutics Research at Zoetis. The ADaPT group partners with therapeutic areas and project teams to design novel substrate and build robust testing funnels for a variety of therapeutic approaches that improve diseases or conditions in companion animals as well as livestock species.
The successful candidate should have at least 3 years of relevant experience developing, optimizing, and identifying antibodies from single B-cells. Experience with developing methodologies from a variety of tissues in multiple species is desired but not required. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Isolation and characterization of antibody producing primary cells from single B-cells including a variety of immunological assays including ELISA, ELISpot and flow cytometry
• Experience in the development, characterization and isolation of antigen-specific B-cells
• Significant experience in molecular biology methods associated with antibody repertoire characterization in RACE, degenerate variable region PCR and single cell RT-PCR.
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) of antibody repertoires
• Experience in the expression and characterization of monoclonal antibodies in transient eukaryotic systems
• Collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educational background: Post-doctoral fellows.
• Training or experience in biological sciences focusing on single cell immunobiology.
• Experience in primary immunological cell isolation and co-culture assays
• Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Work environment: The person filling this position will work predominantly in a laboratory setting. There may be exposure to animal pathogens and chemicals. There may be handling of, and/or exposure to animal tissue and zoonotic organisms.