Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
SR QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST IN SARASOTA, FLORIDA AT JACKSON HEWITT
Date Posted: 10/28/2017APPLYNot ready toApply?Share With:
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to lead and own the test effort for all assignedQA projects. This includes planning, developing, maintaining, and executing test cases, leading defect management activities, and coordinating automated regression, performance, API/Services, and security test efforts. Other responsibilities include supporting enterprise initiatives and assisting in the implementation, documentation, and configuration of new QA test tools, strategies, and processes. In addition, this role will be responsible for knowledge transfer, training, and mentoring other members of the QA team on QA tools, strategies, and processes. This position ensures that all benchmarks are being met and reported accurately to the project teams, QA leadership, executive council, and all other Jackson Hewitt stakeholders.
Candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication and analytical skills. Extensive experience with test management tools, Agile management tools, and automated testing tools would be ideal. In addition, candidate must be organized, thorough, personable, multi-focused, and have necessary technical skills to analyze application, service, configuration and environmental issues. Candidate must be able to handle concurrent responsibilities and projects in a professional and proactive manner.
- Hands-on test experience in testing of web applications, API/Services, and various databases.
- Experience with working with SDLC tools like Rally, Jira, Selenium, SoupUI, TFS, and Confluence.
- Some experience and familiarity with Performance/Load testing at the application, service, and enterprise layers.
- Some experience and familiarity with Security testing at the application, service, and enterprise layers.
- Some experience and familiarity testing in an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience to include defect management and support escalations
- Experience in a test leadership role.
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and QA metrics reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Assist in the implementation and maintaining any new QA tools and processes.
- Create and maintain test deliverables and artifacts (test plans, test cases, test results summary) for assigned projects.
- Lead all test efforts for assigned projects.
- Defect Management and QA status reporting
- Test Coverage Analysis
- Mentor and train other QA team members on QA best practices and automated test tools
- Assist in formulating and developing metrics and measurements to determine the quality of the products being tested
- Coordinate test efforts with other QA support groups (Test Labs, Test Environments QA functional test resources, and SCRUM Masters).
- Comply with all centralized QA processes and policies
- Develop and maintain effective communication relationships with both technical and non-technical project team members.
- Manage and organize test effort deliverable with the QA Leadership and other Projectstakeholders.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Support all company technology and product initiatives.
- 6 or more year's relevant testing experience with • 2 – 3 years in a Senior or Lead level.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology or Financial related majors.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and other standard project tools.