Resident Technical Support Engineer
Avaya is seeking a Resident Technical Support Engineer (RE) who will be on-site support for one of our clients in the New Hampshire area. The candidate will be senior personnel that is fully trained and experienced with Avaya technology within a typical UC and CC Solution and have a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
· University Degree or College Diplomarequired
· Minimum 5 years of actual business experience in a Telecommunication environment with a focus on Avaya IPT and Call Center solutions
· The candidate will work from our Customer’s location each work day.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Avaya Aura product line including: Communication Manager, ASM, SMGR, AES, CMS and related peripherals.
· Background in Avaya CC Elite is preferable
· Experience and demonstrated proficiency in advanced IPT troubleshooting and isolation.
· Integration of Avaya products with other 3rd party systems and applications in a contact center environment.
· Knowledge of interaction of Call Recording Systems to ACD environment specifically Nice.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
· Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills are essential.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationship skills.
· Demonstrated ability to sustain a high performance while handling multiple priorities under pressure
· Self-starter, willing to take ownership and work with minimal supervision and able to take direction from Senior Avaya personnel.
· On-site maintenance and support;
· On-site repair activities including day to day break/fix trouble ticket resolution;
o Diagnose, isolate faults, and repair Incidents;
o Follow up on service restoration with root cause analysis of service disruption incidents;
o Assist with communication, consultation, coordination, escalation and leadership to address major problems; and
o Open and close trouble tickets as needed;
· Second and/or third line support and have the ability to help coordinate remote and onsite maintenance activities;
· Provide after-hours support on an as-needed and reasonable-efforts basis, as negotiated with Avaya;
· Installation of hardware and software in the IPT Solution;
· IPT Solution administration;
· Planning and design activities, such as:
o Designs and solutions to incorporate Customer’s strategic technology direction, security governance and business continuity;
o Assist in the defining and determining business and operational project requirements;
o Identification and recommendations on technology opportunities;
o Assist in capacity planning;
o Creation of technical engineering and support documentation;
o Develop network standards and interfaces to applications;
o Provide solutions for complex technical issues;
o Operations, administration, maintenance and provisioning;
o Recommend modifications as appropriate and assist with implementation of modifications;
o Implement and test products to include new, or upgrades of, hardware and software; and
o Configure hardware and software for full functionality;
· Training, mentoring and general knowledge transfer; and
· Act as the liaison between the Customer’s operations personnel and Avaya’s customer support, including Account Management and Engineering staff.
5 - 6 years of experience and a Bachelordegree or equivalent, or 4 years of experience and a Master degree or equivalent
Bachelordegree or equivalent experience
Master degree or equivalent experience.