Requisition ID: 14523
Business Development Sr Manager
Flexible Location - Including work from home
$160-$180k + 20% bonus and benefits
The ADM business Unit of TE Connectivity is looking for a Business Development Manager to support our Innovation Growth Plan for the global Defense sector. The Business Development Manager will drive the overall business activities by developing and executing business plans to support the portfolio of new innovative products being developed. They will initiate and lead major programs and be responsible to successfully commercialize innovative products not currently sold into the market today.
As the ideal candidate, you will have exceptional relationships in the Defense industry and understand the platform, launch and acceptance process of the market. You should be able to effectively navigate a successful outcome through effective use of internal resources to meet the requirements of the different defense customers and applications. In collaboration with internal colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Quality, and Operations functions you will successfully navigate and drive new programs.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The individual hired for this position should be able to work independent of constant direct supervision and should be a force of energy behind the sustainment of and the initiation of new business for TE. This means a direct and functional involvement in:
- Develop a strategy to engage target customers for the major global Defense market segments
- Lead commercialization activities, including: identifying and establishing relationships with potential partners, developing proposals and business structures, provide customer feedback to the global Defense team and close targeted deals.
- Provide commercial leadership and direction for the business by establishing priorities, assigning and monitoring work tasks, and ensuring accountability and follow through for the innovative product portfolio.
- Initiate and work collaboratively with the team to develop customer proposals and presentation materials including development of compelling business cases, value propositions and supporting financial models.
- Facilitate the inception, development and launch of new products or services to support current and future market segment requirements and own the market Technology Roadmap.
- Establishing close and effective working relationships with a broad range of both technical and business focused teams at TE Connectivity.
- At least eight years of experience in sales or product marketing. Must have knowledge of technology, marketing and service operations as it relates to Business Development.
- Extensive (Global / Regional) experience in the Defense market
- Strong passion for client engagement, building key strategic relationships with executives, collaboration as well as other strategic relationships.
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to build rapport with people
- Strong analytical abilities with an understanding of key business metrics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and other commercial and business documents.
- Travel internationally, approximately 35%
- Due to ITAR restrictions you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident