About This Opportunity
The primary function of this role is to support Target's Multi-channel Distribution network by anticipating future business needs, identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and developing & executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense. Gathers and analyzes data to solve highly complex business problems, evaluating multiple scenarios to predict and plan for future outcomes and support decision making. Provides thought leadership and peer coaching to lower level analysts, and uses data to influence peers and leaders, driving toward action and leading key partners toward the right business decisions. Data Modeling & Analysis
• Deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
• Recommend solutions to business problems based on analyzing large data models, data mining, leveraging optimization tools, machine learning techniques, and statistics
• Build and conduct simulations of supply chain under new parameters to understand impact of proposed changes to supply chain performance and make appropriate recommendations
• Use data mining and statistical modeling to research inputs and develop scenarios for simulation models
• Conduct analysis on current and new projects impacting the supply chain network such as multichannel, business intelligence and end to end replenishment strategies.
• Use historical trend data and future commitments to determine volumes and shifts to ensure necessary capacity requirements meet business needs.
Project, Process, and Program Management
• Support and provide recommendations for projects and programs such as end to end supply chain initiatives and optimization.
• Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders.
• Manage relationships with internal partners to keep them informed on the Distribution perspective and impact related to supply chain initiatives.
• Identify roadblocks and communicate proactively to key stakeholders alerting them of potential delays.
Consulting and Process Improvement
• Lead peers in the development of process documentation related to Distribution Planning procedures and systems, forecasting, and workload planning.
• Ensure consistency and clarity so all processes stay current and are updated on schedule.
• Recommend appropriate responses to regulatory agency, external vendors and internal partner inquiries.
• M.S. in operations research math, advanced statistics, physics, and/or computer science; PhD Preferred
• A minimum of 6 years experience
• Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure (HQ or DC's)
• Good problem solving and project management experience
• Comfort with ambiguity
• Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
• Strong communication skills
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job ID: SUP0007LN