As a Control Systems Engineer II with JBT AeroTech, you will work under the direction of lead engineers to complete research, design, software generation, and testing of assigned projects. Plan, develop, and coordinate phases of assigned projects. Interface with other teams to assure complete integration of all facets within the project.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare timely and accurate heavy duty automotive software and electrical hardware designs based on written or verbal inputs and instructions. Demonstrated program experience with preference given to CoDeSys software programming techniques.
- Prepare timely and accurate operation instructions, test, and validation documents for software and hardware designs. Participate or lead validation efforts and design reviews as required.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge from all disciplines of engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and software) to the design and control of complex systems.
- Work closely with all engineering groups, support teams, and manufacturing, to assure accurate integration and on time completion of options, modifications and new designs.
- Monitors assigned project status and reports progress and obstacles to management as required to complete tasks on schedule and within budget.
- Provide assembly and test assistance and troubleshooting efforts as required to maintain production and delivery schedules.
- Experience using 3D cad systems. Ability to learn and utilize Unigraphics NX8.5 and Teamcenter 8.3 to create and revise 2D and 3D designs and drawings.
- Perform manufacturing and test duties for extended periods of time as required by business needs or training purposes. FAST Response participation will be required.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or EngineeringTechnology
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of standard PC based office software
- Understanding of PLC controlled systems and software preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D CAD systems
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
- JBT Unigraphics, Teamcenter, and drafting standards
- Operation of JBT equipment
- Safety and shop practices
- JBT work instructions
- CoDeSys software
- Various software packages
- Other training as needed
Requisition ID 2017-2464