What we need:
Cetera Financial Group is currently seeking a Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist focused on developing and implementing effective promotional programs for products and services targeted to investors and advisors for our office in El Segundo, CA. This is a unique opportunity to ensure the integration between Wealth Management marketing communication activities and the company's broader brand management goals. This is a core role at the heart of all operations, from product development to marketing to sales for all Wealth Management functions at Cetera Financial Group.
What You Will Do:
- Create and/or produce marketing communication or promotional materials to implement marketing communications strategies that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products and services in a variety of vehicles including newsletters, digital properties and presentations. Participate in planning and scheduling to establish deadlines and ensure timely completion of numerous independent tasks and projects.
- Work closely with business unit subject matter experts to define marketing communication objectives and develop strategy to effectively communicate with specific audiences, namely affiliated or prospective financial advisors.
- Perform activities involved in the preparation of communications, namely newsletter articles, support materials, and otherinternal and external documentation to support marketing and communications objectives. This includes but is not limited to participation in team meetings, interviewing subject matter experts and referencing industry research and media coverage.
- Coordinate assigned short or long term projects and ensures timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Partner with internal functional groups to assure integrated marketing communications activities.
- Ensure that completed projects/materials are approved according to company processes and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to have:
- BA or BS or equivalent degree in business, marketing, communication, or related discipline.
- 5+ years marketing communications experience
- 3 + years financial services or related industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including organic copywriting and editing
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management experience including delegating without manager authority
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with simultaneous rigid timelines on multiple projects
- Must be flexible with ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities or project scope
Really catch our eye with:
- Experience in managing executive and corporate social media activities
- Knowledge of retailwealth management, retirement services and private client (broker/dealer) business
- Experience with Eloqua or other automated marketing software.
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Demonstrated success at strategic marketing communications management activities.
- Experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience determining product-market fit and delivering products to market.