POSITION SUMMARY Leads product regulatory and compliance requirements and policies at the earliest stages of development and throughout the lifecycle to ensure product success, prevent organizational risks and increase profitability of products. Partners with leadership and internal teams to develop and implement strategies to ensure timely compliance with all emerging regulations. Serves as a key partner internally to research, understand and communicate regulatory compliance requirements. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary representative for the business unit on regulatory and compliance matters. Partners with sourcing, engineering, technical services, legal and otherinternal teams to develop and deliver communications and training designed to promote an understanding of compliance issues, laws and regulations, as well as the consequences of non-compliance.
- Leads the development and implementation of regulatory compliance actions, standards and programs in support of new/modified products. Builds and maintains a reference repository of all relevant regulations and standards.
- Organizes the compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with development teams in product design. Identifies and resolves engineering design issues during the product design phase.
- Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising sub-contractors. Evaluates test results and makes design change recommendations.
- Develops, implements and evaluates compliance review methodologies, and establishes best practice procedures.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates product regulatory requirements and laws applicable to national and international standards, and identifies operational impacts proactively. Advises senior management on requirements/standards, makes recommendations on strategies and processes to ensure compliance and implements improvements.
- Reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization, identifies potential areas of risk and vulnerability and implements remediation.
- Establishes and maintains a system to effectively respond to alleged compliance violations, including documentation and implementation of corrective action.
- Establishes relations with relevant regulatory agencies and actively participates and is involved in monitoring and structuring regulations.
- Prepares product technical files by reviewing and collecting compliance reports and developing declaration of conformity documents as defined by law. Updates and maintains compliance documentation as regulations change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or position related equivalent
- Typically requires a minimum of 5years of expertise in product regulatory compliance, which includes achievement of worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience in regulatory and compliance issues across multiple product categories, with emphasis on electronic intensive products.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the scope and impact of product regulatory requirements and compliance, and can interpret how the regulations affect our products.
- Basic understanding of the manufacturing processes and conventional fabrication techniques used throughout the industry.
- Experience managing global approvals.
- Experience in cross-functional project management and facilitation of product regulatory compliance efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to create communications and effective work withinternal and external teams across various cultures. Ability to communicate complex regulatory/compliance issues effectively to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Johnson Outdoors work place is second to none and we have an environment that nurtures innovation and interaction. Our total compensation package is competitive with our local employment market.
- We are proud to provide our employees with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, paid time off, profit sharing, and 401(k) with employer match.