Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Analyst/Designer to join our team in St. Louis, MO to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will require a strong background in systems analysis activities versus just business analysis activities. That requires in depth understanding and work experience in systems design activities which include but, are not limited to, data modeling, Web Page prototyping, project context diagrams, and experience with XML and Web Services.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system.
- Provide analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex systems.
- Responsible for defining and/or redefining business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes.
- Consult with the business users to understand the business goals and objectives; translates requirements into re-engineered business processes.
- Act as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation, process models, and data models (using appropriate tools) from which applications and solutions are designed and developed.
- Workwith the system architect on system design activities, including data modeling and process definitions.
- Prepare system design specifications transferring functional requirements into process design documents used by developers to code. The design specifications will include data mapping, web page design prototyping, business edits, and other processing requirements.
- Actively participate in all phases of the project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented, and met.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for junior analysts.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment with Government Program/Project Office staff and othercontractors.
- Must have the ability to perform work without appreciable direction.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative to continually meet with team leads on regular basis for developing client reports.
- Balance competing projects and tasks; able to set and meet deliverable deadlines and estimates.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members including developers, project managers, product owners, and clients.
- Demonstrate analytical capability and experience it Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and self-directed; willingness to learn and take on a multitude of new tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor.
- Flexibility to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated analytic and presentation skills.