Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's no. 1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: A technology model in cloud computing, a pay as you go business model, and an integrated corporate philanthropy model, also known as the 1-1-1 model, where we give 1% of our technology, 1 % of our time, and 1% of our resources back to our communities.
Our culture is based on the concept of Ohana, which means family in Hawaiian. In the #SalesforceOhana culture, Innovation, Customer Success, and Giving Back are the core values that make our work meaningful, but just as important as WHAT our team does together is HOW we work together. This means we also value Trust, Transparency, Equality for All, Wellness and Fun. These are the values that unite us, inspire us, and make us uniquely Salesforce.
As part of the Salesforce Public Sector business unit, our State and Local sales team focuses on the US State and Local government agencies. We provide PaaS and SaaS cloud solutions State and Local government customers which meet NIST, FedRAMP, and other applicable standards.
We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Solution Engineering team. The Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in company's technology infrastructure, and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to discover business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
Prior experience with Customer Relationship Management technology and enterprise selling in a customer-facing role is highly desirable. Oh, and don't forget those communication and presentation skills. They usually come in handy in our line of work. Finally, the ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way will seal the deal! If you believe you have these skills, we want to talk to you.
- Understand customer goals and challenges and map those back to the Salesforce product portfolio
- Design, build, and demonstrate innovative solutions to address these challenges
- Present Salesforcetechnologyinfrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, technical training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined collaboratively with management
- Respond effectively to RFIs/RFPs
- Active participation in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to solve technical problems
- Ability to travel domestically