Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
At Insmed, we are working to become a trusted resource for clinicians, payors, policy makers, community representatives and the broader scientific community in rare/orphan diseases. We are looking for authentic and experienced Therapeutic Specialists with demonstrated success in new product launches who are committed to our mission to transform the lives of patients. We expect all prospective employees to consistently hold our company’s core values of PASSION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, RESPECT and ACCOUNTABILITY to the highest standards
The Therapeutic Specialist will possess a high clinical aptitude to ensure the voice of key stakeholders, who care for and support patients, are clearly communicated throughout the company. Along with executing all promotional activity in their geography; they will have a key role in developing and executing the corporate strategy; strategically working with cross functional leadership; accurately analyzing key business drivers and trends; building effective cross-functional and cross-regional partnerships; and ensuring execution of their business plan. The position requires adaptability and the capacity to ‘own’ tasks, problem solve and to see projects through to their end in a flexible and innovative manner.
THIS POSITION IS A FIELD-BASED ROLE AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR: the Pittsburgh, PA territory.
- Execute local market sales launch plan with specific goals and targets for the successful launch and sales growth of ALIS (amikacin liposome inhalation suspension)
- Demonstrate high performance driven by common values of trust, respect, and commitment to winning the right way (culture of compliance)
- Fosters an entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on ownership and accountability to maximize individual and Company goals, establishes open and honest communication with peers and senior leadership
- Contributes to the development and implementation of key sales enablers, in collaboration with internal and external partners:
o Customer Targeting & Sales Territory/Region/Area Alignment
o Local market plan development at the territory level
- Maintains exceptional knowledge of: disease state, product, customer, orphan / rare drug market, competitive products and the broader healthcare market place
- Establishes strong relationships with key customers, KOL’s and Centers of Excellence within local market
- Identifies and establishes strong relationships with emerging thought leaders and customers; demonstrated ability to recognize and devote the necessary amount of time and resources needed to engage with HCPs
- Collaborates with cross functional Insmed field leaders (Market Access, Patient Support) to achieve shared business objectives in a compliant manner
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Insmed product, customer base (HCP and patients), business strategy and competitive environment; stays abreast of key market access issues/trends
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations and Company policy and procedures
- Demonstrates high ethical and performance standards with all business contacts in order to maintain Insmed’s exceptional reputation
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA or other advanced degreepreferred
- Minimum of 5years of biotech/pharma product promotion required. Must have experience successfully launching biotech/pharma products with a proven track record of success in exceeding goals.
- Rare/Orphan disease marketplace experiencepreferred
- Strong business partnerships in the Pulmonary and/or Infectious Disease community desired
- Direct experience working in a specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to appropriately integrate into strategic planning
- Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of accountability in exceeding territory results.
- Customer relationships, interpersonal and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Successful product launch experiencerequired
- Proven record of success through teamwork and execution
- High learning agility
- Demonstrated business and scientific acumen
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM)
- Travel – Approximately 50% and will intensify during launch
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate competencies of: PASSION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, RESPECT and ACCOUNTABILITY; along with any other position specific competencies
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace