Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is searching for a General Manager that can be the key market facing leader within an established Evolent market. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission to transform the way health care is delivered across the country. As the executive market leader this executive will have responsibility overseeing the delivery of services to a specific market/client and the ongoing management of the population health infrastructure. In addition, the General Manager will provide the level of leadership required to meet the comprehensive goals of the local health system client supported by Evolent.
The General Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects and activities of the functional areas managed under the Evolent / Client Health System relationship, which include: achieving the client business case for each line of business under management, P&L accountability for internal Evolent budget, managing the executive relationship with Health System partners, leading the Evolent staff within the Population Health Service Organization (PHSO), representing Evolent at Board meetings and executive committees, and establishing annual growth strategies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- In partnership with the Health System Client, lead the Evolent Market PHSO to set and accomplish strategic objectives in alignment with the Health System
- Provide executive leadership and management across a broad spectrum of responsibilities – from strategy setting to operational execution.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the PHSO to ensure the business case is achieved for the client for each line of business
- Provide outstanding client service to our partners
- Accountable for managing and achieving overall Profit & Loss for Evolent budget
- Assist Health System Executives in collaborative efforts related to the development, communication, and implementation of clinical and operational business strategies and processes.
- Spearhead the implementation of new clinical programs, product launches, and services in collaboration with the Evolent Payer Partnership Solution
- Analyze the marketplace and pursue strategic product development and financially sound membership growth.
- Foster effective, positive relationships with key external customers and brokers.
- Ensure that the annual medical plan and end-to-end business processes are designed and working properly across functional boundaries.
- Set clear goals and objectives using metrics to measure performance while holding staff accountable. Provide coaching to improve performance and hold regular development discussions with direct reports. Provide assistance in preparation and review of budgets and reports for assigned areas.
- Coordinate with local hospital administrators, key physician leaders, client partners
- Ensure strict compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Ten-plus years of progressive leadership and management experience.
- Experience with managed care, payee and provider networks, and government relationships.
- Demonstrated experience managing P&L and achieving key financial targets.
- A strategic thinker and tactical executor who is able to move an idea from concept to reality.
- A driver who is able to achieve organizational objectives and facilitate process improvement.
- An accomplished executive with superior management skills and a successful track record of leading, developing, and mentoring leaders and future leaders.
- Expertise in self-funded and fully-insured products.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence clients at all levels.
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective.
- Ability to attract, manage and develop staff of superlative quality
- Excellent written, computer, and oral communication skills.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- M.B.A. or equivalent graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry is strongly preferred.