Zurich is seeking an experienced claims professional to join a seasoned team, and contribute their subject matter expertise to the handling of a diverse caseload of professional liability, employment practices and general liabilityclaims, primarily in support of our growing Staffing program.
In this role, you will manage a caseload of moderate to high complexity claims from start through settlement and resolution, and within specific authority limits. You will also ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient and effective manner to deliver on Zurich’s claims best practices and commitment to customer-centricity. You will have an opportunity to develop strong partnerships that include extensive communications and interactions with insureds, brokers and otherinternal business unit contacts.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Analyzing coverage, liability and damages
- Participating in mediations and negotiating settlements
- Drafting reservation of rights and coverage denial letters, underwriter notification of claim issues, etc.
- Drafting case summary reports in connection with significant reserve increases and trial preparation
- Directing activities of defense counsel
You will eventually have the ability to work from home up to 3 days per week.
You will be required to travel approximately 10 -15%.
This position will be located in the Parsippany office.
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims or Litigation area that includes professional liabilityclaims
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Litigation area that includes professional liabilityclaims
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Litigation area that includes professional liabilityclaims
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an AssociateDegree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims Handling area within the Insurance industry that includes professional liabilityclaims
- Must obtain and maintain requiredadjuster license(s)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- Negotiation experience
- Customer service experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 10-15%
- 2 or more years experience in professional liability, employment practices liability (EPLI) and/or general liability (GL) claims
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience collaborating across work groups
- AIC, SCLA and/or CPCU
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world. EOE disability/vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.