At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, out of Duluth GA
This exciting Technical Service & Application Engineering Manager role will be responsible for the day to day management of the application engineering and technical service group. You will provide direct pre and post-sale technical support to equipment owners, contractors, customers, sales and inside personnel.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the following functions:
- Manage and support of application engineering and technical support staff. Direct support of the customer service group. Provide application engineering and non-published pricing support to outside sales group for all HTPG product lines
- Provide technical field service support of all HTPG product lines. Provide on-site technical service support when necessary to customers and contractors Preparation and presentation of technical product training both in house and at external customer locations.
A minimum of 10 years’ field service and / or application engineering experience working directly in the commercial refrigeration industry
AA / AS degree in HVACR curriculum with 10+ years’ experience
Thorough understanding of (preferably from direct, hands on experience) with all aspects of commercial refrigeration equipment installation, field service and troubleshooting. Ability to prioritize multiple, constantly changing tasks in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
Complete understanding of the fundamentals of heat transfer, heat load calculations, refrigeration systems and all related component selections and design required to accomplish specific tasks
Extremely strong technical capabilities. Ability to “think outside the box” to solve difficult system problems. Complete understanding of electrical circuits and controls, ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and system piping diagrams
We would like it if you had:
- AA / AS or (2) year vocational-tech degree in HVACR curriculum
- A minimum of 10 years’ field experience working directly in the application and service of commercial refrigeration equipment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application engineering or field sales
- BA / BS in business management, engineering or related discipline