Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
GCB Issue Management and Resolution Leader (C14)
The Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Issue Management and Resolution (IMR) Leader leads and manages the implementation of GCB’s best-in-class data quality issue remediation program. The GCB IMR Leader is responsible for improving data quality across GCB and works with the Chief Data Office, Data Governance Officers in Finance, Risk, AML, Compliance, and GCB Lines of Businesses & Regions to define strategies and goals to improve data quality for use in business processes, Risk, Finance and Compliance processes (e.g. CCAR, Basel, Regulatory Reporting and Anti-Money Laundering) and to meet regulatory commitments. The role manages senior level interaction with Line of Business (LOB) CEOs and Corporate level Executive Management, Technology Management, Operations and with Regulators..
- Working with GCB Data Governance Leaders in Global Cards, RetailBanking and Commercial Banking, lead the development of GCB’s Issue Management and Resolution strategy, roadmap and implementation to support business strategies and priorities.
- Lead Business, Operations and Technology stakeholders within each LOB and Region to execute GCB’s IMR strategy, remediate data quality issues and improve data quality.
- Annually articulate IMR goals, objectives and requirements for all GCB LOBs and Regions to meet. This includes the quantification of budget and allocation needs for FTE, Technology and operational processes to be reviewed and approved by the Chief Data Office and LOB Data Governance Heads.
- Actively engage with Global Risk, Finance and Compliance to ensure their data needs for CCAR, BASEL, AML, KYC and other regulatory requirements are met and that data quality issues originating from Global Consumer business processes are remediated in support of Risk, Finance, AML and Compliance objectives.
- Provide reporting on data quality issue and remediation statuses.
- Work with Global Consumer Operations and Technology to deploy repeatable data governance processes to identify and remediate data quality issues.
- Influence and collaborate with Global Consumer Technology and Global Functions Technology teams on required data governance IT projects that appropriately fit broader Citi technology strategy, current state and roadmap, to ensure requirements are met and completed in a timely manner.
- Implement repeatable data quality issue management and resolution (IMR) processes to ensure data quality issues are identified, root caused and remediated leveraging business and technology funding and prioritization queues effectively.
- Track, synthesize and report on data quality issues and challenges to senior management and Chief Data Office and other management committees such as Compliance, Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit
- Develop and implement Data Governance policies and procedures covering Data Quality, Data Control, and Data Strategy as part of Citi’s Data Management Policy
- Direct the day to day work of data governance staff and data stewards to drive direction and manage progress against specified goals.
- Measure effectiveness of Data Governance processes and capabilities through Managers Control Assessment, Annual Risk Assessments and Key Risk Indicators.
- Measure maturity and effectiveness of Data Governance Programs with each GCB LOB and Region to drive progress and address challenges.
Critical Skills Required:
- Demonstrated advanced ability in strategic thinking and the ability to think through and frame multi-LOB and technology challenges that need to be addressed in order to meet requirements.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work with senior management across many LOBs and Global Functions (Finance, Risk, AML, Compliance).
- Strong ability to integrate business, operations, control and technology concepts across GCB into a cohesive framework for ensuring data quality including GCB’s critical processes, regulatory control matrix, technologyarchitecture and controls framework.
- 10+ years of analytical or data-related work experience with a strong understanding of business applications, business processes and data management.
- Material understanding of data governance requirements as well as the heightening expectations by regulators such as OCC and FRB.
- Ability to link data quality issues to Critical Data Element data quality scores and also leverage Critical Data Element data quality scores to identify systemic data quality issues.
- Ability to communicate with GCB’s CEOs and Senior Operational Risk and Controls leadership, articulating how issue remediation drives improvements in business performance and improves business data quality scores.
- A strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence broadly and challenge conventional thinking, specifically in the area of data quality management.
- Experience in collaborating and driving execution with cross-functional teams in the remediation of data quality issues.
- Demonstrated capability and trust from working with Global Functions such as Finance, Credit Risk or Compliance in the area of data quality program implementation and management as it impacts their processes and regulatory reporting.
- Experience driving large-scale technology-based change initiatives, in consumer banking such as retailbanking, credit cards, mortgage, investment products, small business and commercial banking.
- Demonstrated complex project management delivery of large-scale data quality program year over year, across Lines of Business with associated annual budget requests and expense management.
- Strong technical understanding of distinct functions of product processors and enterprise data warehouses.
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies along with data quality management principles.
- Data quality business process improvement experience as it pertains to compliance and data quality initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Economics.
- Advanced degreepreferred: Masters or above specializing in Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, and Mathematics.
- Experience with Financial Services data is a plus
Additional Skills Required:
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, and the ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives.
- Solid working knowledge of core business functions such as quality management, data management, business intelligence, and information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to interface with internal and external resources to define requirements.
- Project management and/or process reengineeringexperience in key bank functions such as sales, marketing, finance, risk, products, operations, technology or compliance
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to quickly switch contexts between strategic and detailed analyses.
- Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to objectively evaluate established business processes, policies and programs.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in consumer/retailbanking or financial services.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical business leaders.