SENIOR SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer and delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The senior sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption and market penetration in enterprise accounts. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
If you have a successful track record of selling a highly technical product to consumer web, mobile, media and enterprise companies we would like to hear from you.
- Accountable for driving business, and meeting or exceeding quota goals and MBO’s.
- Effectively and independently deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account/territory plan to drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Prepare and manage proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Oversee account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
- 7 – 10 years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with C-level executives
- Direct field experience and extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000 and large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Experience with media streaming technologies and content delivery network services, interactive services, digital rights management (DRM), content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery or managed web hosting is highly desired
- Strong ability to close sales, manage accurate pipeline and forecast
- Independent, self-disciplined and possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment