Works closely with senior, lead or principal software engineer to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications. Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects. Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Two years experience in system analysis, design and programming experience.
- Experience in client server and web environments, relational databasetechnology, and development of interface software.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.