VML is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Strategy and Insights group to leverage primary research, personas, task analysis, heuristic and competitive reviews to craft industry-leading user experiences
- Crafting and conducting stakeholder interviews with everyone from subject matter experts to C-level executives to determine business/site objectives
- Creating information design and navigation systems for internet, intranet and extranet sites, as well as online and mobile applications
- Creating and refining user experience thought expressed as deliverables, including task and gap analyses, content analysis and strategy and feature/functionality matrices, usage scenarios, site maps, wireframes, flow diagrams and user-requirements documents
- Developing insights from research, elevating understanding and helping clarify problems to be solved and opportunities to excel
- Rapidly testing solutions using various inspection techniques: heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough, and user testing
- Preparing and presenting design recommendations based on business goals, user research, UCD and IA principles
- Collaborating as a part of the creative team with cross discipline team members (client, business, technology)
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. VML is headquartered in Kansas City.
- A good grasp for best practices and commitment for user advocacy. Thought leadership that drive positive outcomes focused on high levels of quality and innovation.
- Grasp of user-centered iterative design methodologies and objective evaluation techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, rapid contextual design, user journey mapping.)
- Strong, data-driven decision making and mentality
- A love for the digital space (practices, procedures and technologies) and user-centered design principles
- Documentation tool know-how (e.g., Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, Adobe Products) and communication tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote)
- A desire to work in a multitasking, fast-paced environment — we’re talking lightening fast
- Willingness to jet-set across the country … or the world
- Extremely strong interpersonal and client presentation skills (but surely you knew that if you made it this far into the job description, right?)
- Familiarity with Agile development is a plus
Our ideal candidate for this position possesses a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in the liberal arts, the humanities or user-centered design, or equivalent in a related field, and a minimum of five years of experience researching and developing strategic user experience design for high-traffic, dynamic websites. Digital agency experience and background preferred.