About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world’s top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: This position offers the opportunity to make leading contributions to cutting edge research in mouse genetics, disease biology, and translational research in collaboration with the faculty and genetic resource scientists and clients of The Jackson Laboratory (JAX).
They will closely work with the research faculty on projects of wide ranging complexity from a diverse array of biomedical disciplines such as cancer biology, ageing, immunology, infectious diseases, metabolomics, neural disorders, muscular disorders, Biostatistics & Statistical Genetics, and stem cell & developmental biology.
Successful candidates will have in-depth knowledge and experience in High Throughput Sequence (HTS) data analysis (DNA Seq, mRNA Seq, ChIP Seq, micro RNA Seq etc), microarray data analysis, experimental design, data integration, algorithm development, development of sequence analysis tools (bioinformatics programming), evaluation of analytical tools and technology, and delivering training to the research community.
They are continuous learners and proactive contributors and will present the results to The JAX community, at conferences and workshops. The levels of this position differ by the amount of independence, years of experience, depth of knowledge and leadership demonstrated.
- Performs computational analysis of omics data, algorithm development and implementation, as well as bioinformatics programming.
- Participates in departmental and project activities such as developing pipelines
- Evaluates data for quality assurance and mining bioinformaticsdatabases.
- Present the results at conferences and workshops and contributes to the education and training courses for internal as well as external communities
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics or any relevant area. The candidates who are near the completion of their PhD can also apply.
- Successful incumbents demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and collaborations.
- Prior successes in and desire to contribute to team projects on an ongoing basis is a must.