Director of Sales
The Director of Sales will support business development efforts with an emphasis on US & foreign military, government, and prime contractor sales.
The core technology of the company is a high yield neutron generator with application in the following markets:
1. Medical radioisotope production
2. Semiconductor device manufacturing
3. Nuclear fuel quality control
4. Nuclear instrumentation calibration and testing
5. Radiation effects testing
6. Neutron radiography for nondestructive testing of industrial components
7. Explosives and nuclear material detection
This role will focus on marketing, selling, and advancing existing development programs for the bold applications above, where the key customers are US and foreign defense departments and prime contractors.
Responsibilities: This role will report to VP of Business Development and the focus will be on accelerating deployment of the company’s technology within the DoD and DOE and on identifying new government or prime contractor customers and applications.
1. Expand the front end of the sales funnel by proactively seeking new customers and new sales opportunities with a strong emphasis on government sales, grants, and other funding vehicles, including agencies such as the DoD, the DOE, and the DHS, amongst others.
2. Lead the effort, in close collaboration with the President and VP of Business Development, to transition neutron radiography technology currently being developed by the US Army beyond its current developmental phase into a longer term, higher volume Program of Record or other form of multi-year acquisition program. This effort will include managing several aspects of the company’s relationship with the Army and navigating Army bureaucracy (including ARDEC, PEO Ammunition, Joint Munitions Command, and private ordnance contractors) in order to place the Pilot Production Neutron Radiography System into an ammunition production facility.
3. Track all sales efforts, log meeting notes, and produce reports summarizing the progress of various sales efforts as they move through the sales funnel by utilizing standard CRM tools.
4. Represent the company and/or present at industry or government trade shows, conferences, or meetings when needed.
5. Monitor government grant opportunities, recommend opportunities to which the company should propose, and prepare proposals.
6. Lead business development efforts with non-US governments and defense agencies and prime contractors.
7. Identify new government agencies, research groups, program offices and funding channels to which the company’s technology may be relevant.
8. Arrange introductory meetings so that the company can present its capabilities to new prospective customers. Prepare quotations and proposals for government sales and grant proposals.
9. Support the President and VP of Business Development in managing and directing government relations consultants and lobbyists.
10. Develop a comprehensive government, military, and prime contractor sales plan extending over a 5-year time horizon with specific gates and measurable milestones.
11. And other duties that you may be assigned.
· 5years of experience in government, military, aerospace, or related sales and business development.
· A bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred, but equivalent business and/or technical experience maybe sufficient for some candidates.
· Be a highly motivated “self-starter” and be comfortable operating in a highly autonomous fashion.
· Can develop strategic sales and marketing direction without constant oversight.
· Be primarily responsible for generating new sales, grants, or development funding opportunities, as well as managing relationships for multiple existing government development programs.
· Educate new customers on the benefits offered by the company’s technology.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are an absolute requirement.
· It is expected that travel for this role will be approximately 25% on average.