7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestockWe are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better. The Lead Data Analyst- Pricing manages the value based pricing activities for the Commercial Marketing Business for IDEXX and will support strategic pricing activities, training and decision support teams across IDEXX. This role serves as a global trusted strategic partner and advisor to executive management and to the IDEXX International Lines of Business Leads [LOB], Commercial Marketing, Innovation and Strategy. He/She possesses “hit the ground running” global thought leadership, technical skills and executive level capabilities to envision, create, and implement a full scale strategic pricing decision support initiative under the Research, Analytics, and Insights (RAI) Center of Excellence across IDEXX. This resource will employ best practice people, processes and tools to drive competitive advantage globally both for present and future markets. The Director of RAI and Marketing Operations will lead teams and initiatives that will support IDEXX LOB, Central IDEXX, Corporate Teams and Commercial Teams focused on CAG business [referred to hereafter as
“IDEXX TEAMS”] A practicing strategic Lead Data Analyst- Pricing
- Strong strategic pricing know how and practical application experience.
- A builder of teams
- Experience in strategic pricing program leadership - competitive and market intelligence management a plus
- Owner developer of the strategic pricing elements of the marketing playbook for standard people skills, process and tools development
- Global skills training lead
Area of Focus and Expertise The LeadData Analyst- Pricing will lead the development and cross-functional interaction to create company policy andportfolio commercial pricing andcontracting strategies for in-line and launch products.
- Develop strategic contracting options to optimize the net profitability of individual brands and the portfolio of company products across all market segments. Ensure that strategies are integrated into and aligned with brand profitability objectives.
- Lead the interface with brand teams and key cross-functional stakeholders to create product specific pricing and contracting strategies and manage all activities relating to senior management approval and tactical implementation of these strategies
- Monitor the success of pricing and contracting strategies through defined performance measurement techniques and adapt strategies as needed.
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts in account management, brand, business development and life cycle management, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop presentations for leadership review and guide the preparation of requisite financial documentation to achieve cross company approval of strategic pricing and contracting decisions.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations, state and federal laws, and IDEXX policies and procedures.
This Leader will have expertise in and the ability to facilitate and drive the integration of strategic pricing programs and critical decision support as follows:
- Proven, result oriented problem solving skills with an ability to drive insight and recommendations from analysis.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in key analytical tools including Excel, Access and other relational databases
- Strong leadership skills with proven managerial experience
- Expert in retail pricing strategy and analysis
- Proven project management, execution and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial, leadership and business management skills
- Adaptable to change and constructive criticism
- Skilled in effective listening, speaking, presenting, and writing
- Supports the LOB, Commercial, Finance Groups in managing price analytics and margin dollar growth
- Analyzing pricing vs. competition to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Leads evaluation of competitive pricing actions and Academy’s response
- Maintains and refines the price architecture and pricing rules
- Supports sales in developing pricing in line reviews and assortment planning
- Manages competitive pricing process and maintains database.
- Works with the sales operations team on price exception issues
- Responsible for the design, execution and analysis of pricing tests
- Collaborates with LOBs, Commercial Marketing, Corporate and Sales to develop enterprise pricing strategy.
- Drives insight and recommendations based on data analysis.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff education related to pricing for the department.
- Assists Training and Development in educating on price rules and general strategy.
- Develops price audit methodology for Marketing Playbook
- Serves as the strategic thought leader and pricing subject matter expert.
- Interfaces with and presents recommendations and analysis to the company’s senior leadership.
- Identifies and manages price optimization tools and software including relationships with external vendors.
- Aligning pricing analysis and supporting intelligence with the business planning process
- building a self-sustaining global pricing capability system that underpins on-going decision support analytics in support of LOB, Central IDEXX, Corporate teams and Commercial teams focused on CAG business
- creating ROI metrics for pricing discipline to measure success
- conducting and training LOB resources to facilitate thought provoking strategic roundtables, scenario sessions and other team engaging initiatives that drive positive change
- Engaging, empowering and educating resources, as well as identifying and promoting talent that gives the company competitive advantage [See chart under the Section Entitled; Primary Tactical Duties and Responsibilities.
- developing proven ROI [return on investment] metrics that drive business results by influencing a number of decision touchpoints and customer touchpoints including but not limited to;
- influencing brand strategy
- conducting business opportunity assessments
- competitive landscape related to pricing
- identifying early warning, market risk
- understanding global market potential
- Driving for a solid ongoing knowledge of the customer, present and future and put in a systematic way to keep a pulse on customer needs and desires. integrate customer needs with npi and npd [new product introduction and new product development]
- identifying and enable what requirements are needed to maintain or obtain a lead market position or partnership opportunity in a bundled product scenario
PRIMARY TACTICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Strategic Pricing Lead will create and manage a sustainable Pricing capability for IDEXX as follows;
- Responsible for developing and managing a sustainable Strategic Pricing Capability that will sit at the Commercial Marketing Level and will engage with all “IDEXX Teams” with a compliment of expert services to build consistent people, processes and tools to create and sustain an on-going knowledge share that will drive full comprehension of market dynamics that effect competitive advantage which includes but is not limited to increasing our brand positioning, drive for continued customer satisfaction and identification of new markets and unmet needs, support of NPI and other areas that directly affect our bottom line.
- Create methodologies and programs in strategic pricing to support a number of IDEXX TEAM business decisions and supported by business success and performance metrics, standardization or customization where required, and all policies and procedures that drive efficiency and effectiveness in insight and knowledge build
- Responsible for building professional high level output deliverables including the analysis that results in actionable intelligence and interpretations to be used to drive competitive advantage via the initiatives listed under the four COE Pillars
- Educate IDEXX Teams in “Strategic Pricing” people, process and tools that continue to drive sustain our leading market position
- Superb executive leadership skills
- Proven management & leadership abilities.
- Strategic thinking and planning in order to insure continued growth.
- Strong negotiation skills (internal and with external suppliers/customers)
- Motivations skills with diverse groups of professionals
- Organizational and people development, performance management, and change management.
- Ability to hire and develop people who will challenge the status quo and consistently add value to the organization.
- Executive level written, verbal, presentation and influencing communication skills
- Ability to drive change in an engaging and respectful way
- The ability to empower and engage resources and to sell new ideas with an empowering and engaging approach
- Experience in both client-side and supplier-side pricing analysis preferred.
- Ability to develop business financial and market integrated models [ including but not limited to financial, market size, statistical, valuation or a combination of
- Extensive ability to build and lead High Performance teams, manages working groups, conduct and lead working sessions. Proven experience managing people
- Ability to balance level of efforts for multiple programs
- Technical skills in strategic value based pricing
- Ability to understand and lead scenario sessions and conduct “what if” pricing analysis. This requires strong facilitation skills.
- Experience managing external analysts and pricing programs and consultants
- Experience or educational training in conducting pricing analyses; substantial, demonstrated experience in conducting analysis, writing reports and presenting market research results to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis; ability to work in a team-based organization, and bring innovation to the Insights and Analytics team.
- Ability and desire to conduct ad hoc analysis when required.
- Ability to author and coordinate the development of SOPs and Policies & Procedures is desirable.
- Experience in or knowledge of the animal health industry on a global basis.
- High computer literacy with demonstrated experience in using analytical and database software –Excel, Access, or other similar applications – and a number of presentation tools.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred), preferably in Finance [with an MBA], Business, Strategic Marketing [Strategy] or other quantitative or leadership field. Advanced business degree (MBA) or CPA preferred Experience: 10 plus years substantial proven hands-on experience in the US health care, diagnostics, animal health industry with an emphasis in finance or strategic/product functions with a minimum of 5 years in pricing or contracting; experience in contract negotiation and account management desirable Other Desirable Skills: Systems Thinking Leadership Training, Strategic Pricing Certification, Six Sigma Certification, Strategic Risk Certification, Analytics