More information about this job
Ashland LLC has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Senior Team Leader/Research Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Technology team. This position is in Wilmington, DE.
**This position is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
- Act as high-level resource that provide in-depth technical input and advice to key customers on polymer science, formulation and process development
- Design and execute pharmaceutical applications studies for the development of new pharmaceutical excipients.
- Design and implement laboratory projects to generate new technical data for Ashland Pharmaceutical excipient based on 1) analysis of existing technical data, 2) feedback from and discussions with north America sales organization.
- Create data packages and sales tools from project work to make results easily usable for sales and technical staff as sales tools.
- Analyze existing technical data on pharmaceutical excipients in pharmaceutical application areas to identify differentiating functional strengths in multiple processes vs. competing excipients (direct and indirect), and identify opportunities for new projects to mitigate weak aspects and demonstrate new functional benefits.
- Train technical and sales personnel to carry technical message to customers.
- Manage a group of scientists/engineers
- Strong capabilities and experience in pharmaceutical development, especially in the areas of solid dosage form development.
- Advanced degree in pharmaceutical sciences, or a closely aligned technical area, with 6 + years of industry experience and 2+ years of supervising experience. PHD. preferred.
- Leadership skills - Strong team management skills with ability to motivate and supervise the scientific staff and for other internal and external contacts; good team building skills.
- Good external communication skills and interest in active customer interaction
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated in order to overcome new challenges on the job
- Must have interdisciplinary skills in order to interact with the sales and marketing departments of the business
- Must be eligible to work in the US