Strategic Sourcing Manager - Procurement
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will execute Sourcing projects to deliver defined country annual savings targets. These projects will deliver competitive advantage for the HSBC business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
The projects will be delivered globally or locally in accordance with the Category Strategies and Commodity plans and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers. Indepth sourcing knowledge will be applied in the execution of these plans across all category areas whilst ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually and operationally.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the execution of eSourcing and for delivering incremental value to the business through eAuctions.
It is expected that post contract value opportunities will be identified and delivered through working with business supplier managers and the local supply base making sure that these opportunities align with Category Strategies at all times.
The role will likely work across a variety of categories so will need to demonstrate a broad range of category knowledge and be able to work dynamically and flexibly with a broad range of SMEs.The role will work with a variety of stakeholders and business partners requiring proactive engagement and fostering of existing and new relationships.
- Seven years proven vendor selection and/or negotiation experiencewithin a corporate purchasing environment, and have demonstrated strong commercial acumen and achievement.
- A proven leader, the Strategic Sourcing Manager role will manage the generation and delivery of ideas, strategy and achievement of third party spend savings initiatives / pipeline, and will directly lead negotiation and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Strong business partner / relationship management skills, and ability to be seen as a trusted partner, ensuring pro-active engagement of Procurement by business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, business law, or related field. MBA, Six Sigma Quality Training and/or Institute of Supply Management certification preferred.
- Strong project management, quantitative analysis, negotiation, business relationship and verbal/ written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent systems and software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Experiencewith supplier relationship/contract management software such as Emptoris and Archer preferred.
- Aspiration and capability to develop towards a broader Procurement senior management role.