Agile Coach - Technical Program Director
This role will act as a trainer, consultant and advisor. Primary duties may include, but are not limited:
- Acts as change agent and demonstrates to the teams how the Agile processes and systems work.
- Guide and mentor multiple teams in the consistent practice of Agile concepts, including roles, ceremonies, processes, compliance, and tool usage within Anthem’s Agile delivery context.
- Improves application of Agile principles.
- Participate in both the internal and external Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends.
- Continue to improve knowledge of Agile activities at Anthem as well as in industry.
- Coaches and mentors otherAgile Coaches around Agile methodologies; develops training plans; identifies team training and tool needs; defines critical success factors; Subject matter expert for program and portfolio management related tools and processes.
- Works with business partners to identify and implement multiple complex technical systems and/or products of varying sizes.
- Manages large systems and/or products.
- Collaborates and stays engaged with the delivery team.
- Provides strategic planning analysis to ELT concerning staffing needs on short to long term basis based on program projections.
- Provides strategic direction for developing enterprise project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risk, contingency plan and allocation of resources.
- Provides expert knowledge of project management methodology approaches, techniques and tools to senior management.
Requires BA/BS in Computer Science,Engineering, or related discipline with IT focusdegree;15years of enterprise project managementexperience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development; or any combination ofeducation andexperience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5 years of experience implementing Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of managing increasing project size and complexity that are transformational in nature for the organization
- Project management certification is preferred: CSM, PMPO, SAFe
- Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required
- Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members preferred
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required
- Demonstrated application of project management methodology required
- Experience using portfolio management application and Rational tools preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.