Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2000 staff.
Overview of the Role
The Business Analyst will work with various departments including Portfolio Accounting, Trade Operations, Securities Operations, and IT to optimize processes for Janus institutional accounts. Additionally, the analyst will support build out and enhancements related to various types of complex securities, such as futures, options and swaps.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire subject matter expertise in the functions and activities of the department
- Researches and resolves a variety of issues that may be complex in nature.
- Defines and documents business functions and processes
- Consults with management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, and requirements
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users and information technology analysts in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and implementation of new system modules and functionality
- Participates in the analysis of the feasibility of enhancements to existing systems and ensures the system design fits the needs of the users
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes;
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality and troubleshoot bugs and/or defects discovered
- Conducts relevant training sessions for business users covering any new products, process, system enhancement, and/or functionality
- Develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external deliverables
- Work closely with alternative investments committee to keep abreast of new complex securities slated for development as well as anticipated volume on current instruments
- Work with various prime brokers as required
- Assist with non-routine Portfolio Accounting processes such as transfers in-kind, fund launches, fund liquidations, static data changes, etc...
Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity of a broad range of security types including CMO, credit default swaps, total return swaps, futures, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of the mutual fund industry
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel, VBA preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong training skills
- Preferredexperience using SimCorp Dimension and/or SS&C Reconciliation
- Two years related investment industry experiencerequired
- One year of experience with complex securities / derivatives
- Bachelor’sDegreein Accounting/Finance or equivalent
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include evening, weekend, holiday hours
- Typical office environment with telephone, copier, calculator, etc.
- PC usage up to 90% of the time
Requisition Id 14902