Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Fill new prescriptions and refills of medications using various forms of compliance packaging.
- Medication ordering and maintenance of appropriate inventory controls within the pharmacy.
- Within the guidelines of the authorized protocol, manage the storage and designation of sample medications, and patient assistance program medications to clients of the clinic, if required.
- As primary contact between the pharmacy and the clinic, maintain excellent relations with the medical director, case managers and other clinic staff, and provide drug consultation services when required.
- Communication with various doctors and doctors’ offices regarding obtaining proper prescription, insurance or prior authorization information.
- Oversee controlled substance logs and inventory cabinet
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the pharmacy technicians and other employees and assume responsibility for other duties related to personnel. Staff RPh and delivery drivers (phlebotomists and Care Coordinators)
- Prepare medication emergency kits if required by the clinic for any after-hours dispensing of medications.
- Manage rejected claims, conduct gross margin analysis and generate reports for management.
- Sign all documentation required as Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist of Record
- Maintain all DEA requirements for assigned pharmacy
- Participate in clinic committee and staff meetings
- Assume all operation responsibilities including financial performance.
- Promote and increase sales.
- Reports to the Director of Operations
- Ensure company metric goals are delivered
- Human Resources:
- Training and development of team members
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and terminating employees
- Provide consistent feedback to direct reports
- Manage time off, payroll, overtime
- Complete new hire feedback forms
- Financially responsible to ensure development of a profitable business unit and to continued growth
- Locating and delivering new accounts that may be from partnering agency or external accounts
- Manage accounts payable to minimize debt write offs
- Cash Payment Reporting
- Execute sample management and PAP
- Execute Genetic testing
- Execute monthly marketing event
- Execute quarterly lunch and learn
- Ensure water runs or interaction in the waiting rooms is occurring to market pharmacy
- Ensure wait times are appropriate for waiting rxs
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements for filling rxs and insurance compliance
- Ensure online training is completed and training completed for each employee
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Current pharmacist license in the state you are applying for
- Pharmacy Management experiencepreferred but not required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard license, background check and drug screening.
- APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate or equivalent. Genoa will provide training if necessary.