Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works withcustomers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2015 revenues of approximately $9.6 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 15,000 people around the world.
This position will require an experienced, results-oriented professional to be responsible for executing a variety of projects to improve existing processes and to develop new processes for our manufacturing partners. Projects will vary in scope and may include process upgrades, troubleshooting, and new product commercializations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, execute and support process improvement activities and projects to optimize production capability using engineering and statistical analysis and basic equipment operating knowledge toproblem solve issues in the manufacturing process
- Study, examine and investigate existing processes to identify and implement new opportunities for improving quality, throughput, and costs
- Actively participate as a member of multifunctional project teams executing capital and quality projects from concept to implementation
- Ensure regulatory compliance of process changes
- Interface and consult with production, laboratory, business and marketing personnel to improve product quality, reduce byproducts, and develop options for producing new products
- Organize and perform statistically designed plant experimental trials
- Establish strong trusted relationship with operations personnel
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource for our internal clients: manufacturing, business, marketing, or technical service
- Actively engage in safety programs
- Provide and communicate clear, concise, and timely reporting of project progress and accomplishments verbally and in writing
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required for this role
Five plus years of experience in process development/ improvement and/or manufacturing support for a chemicals or polymers manufacturer is preferred
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.