Design and marketing of Subaru of America’s Director and Officers Liability/ Employment Liability and Property Insurance Policy. Responsibility for Property Loss Control on all Subaru’s buildings including the new Headquarters in Camden, New Jersey
Management of insurance for 12,000 loaner car program at dealerships including responsibility for broker relationships. Design and placement of polices with outside insurance companies and captive. Design of claims strategy including subrogation.
Manage the Subaru Advantage Insurance (SAI) program with our affinity insurance partner and creation of ways to improve results and develop new initiatives and benefits for Subaru customers. Interact with Marketing on behalf of SAI for better communication and knowledge gathering. Plan, schedule and participate on behalf of the SAI program at Subaru national meetings.
Manage insurance subsidiaries, Subaru Insurance Agency (SIA) and Subaru America Services Inc.(SASI).
Implement new F&I products offered to retailers and to Subaru customers, recognizing customer needs and profitability in conjunction with the Insurance Marketing Manager and SOA field.
Position reports to the Director of Risk Management.
Education/Experience: BA/BS in Risk Management or related business area with 8-10 years of experience. MBA and or insurance designations preferred.
- A strategic thinker, able to see the big picture and understand risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise good judgment, solve problems, think critically, multi-task, and prioritize work in a changeable environment.
- Previous roles in risk management and/or brokerage preferred.
- Strong negotiation and management skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills are also necessary.
- Advanced computer and data analysis skills. Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office products.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that is acceptable or probationary under the SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy.