Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst - Market Risk for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The SrQuantitativeRisk Analyst conducts and developsquantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support ofrisk management efforts that assess the market and identifyrisks and gaps in existing or proposed processes.Applies diverse methodologies and deepexperience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefinedriskproblems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures. Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or otherquantitative discipline AND 5+ years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or otherquantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or otherquantitative discipline AND 4+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or otherquantitative discipline AND 2+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Extensive work experience in market and/or liquidity risk management in a trading/investment management/capital market environment, and/or solid ALM experience at mid-sized or large banks, or insurance companies
- Strong product knowledge in at least one asset class (Rates, Credit, Equities, Securitized Products, Derivatives, etc.) or good product knowledge across a diverse range of investment products
- Prior market risk governance experience in (A). Establishing and exercising controls surrounding risk measurement, risk limits, monitoring and escalation, and regulatory riskreporting; AND (B). Representing market risk in various levels of corporate committees, managing calendar, agenda, presentation materials, and meeting minutes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate in-depth risk discussions with first-line business managers/leaders and present risk strategies/recommendations to senior management
- Strong project management/prioritization skills to drive a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative environment
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative discipline, or post graduate qualifications within relevant fields such as CFA, FRM, and actuarial designations
- High proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel (incl. VBA), Access (or SQL), and PowerPoint
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Job Number: R0012670