Genworth is a Fortune 500 financial services company providing financial security and protection through our Mortgage Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance businesses. Our purpose is to help families achieve the dream of homeownership and address the financial challenges of aging. At Genworth, our promise to our employees is the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, our communities, and one another.
The Application Developer will be responsible for the development and support Investments accounting platform. This role will focus on the development, implementation and support of the fixed asset accounting systems and processes within Investments. This entails collaborating with the accounting group to design and implement sustainable processes and controls.
- Collaborate with Investments Operations, Accounting and Controllership teams to construct long term IT solutions to support Genworth’s investment goals
- Support the operation and maintenance of Genworth Investments Accounting Platform (PFI)
- Manage the day to day operation and coordination of systems processes and enhancements
- Code and maintain custom or canned reports, system interfaces and extracts
- Create interfaces and load-scripts to ancillary financial and reporting systems
- Coordinate with project, support, and business analysts to deliver new or enhanced application code solutions
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to create technical/functional test plans and scripts to validate design, development and implementation of system/reporting deliverables, and obtain user sign-off
- Monitor Accounting system related IT processes and ensure successful completion of production daily and monthly runs
- Support the Genworth Investments and accounting functions by trouble-shooting and performing root cause analysis of application problems. Identify action items and make recommendations to address process and/or coding issues
- Monitor process metrics and initiate process improvement efforts for IT processes
- Coordinate the conversion of accounting interfaces, reporting and downstream extracts to the new Enterprise Data Management environment
- Some travel may be required (<10%) between Genworth's Richmond and Stamford facilities.
Basic Qualifications Required
- 2+ years of software development experience and working knowledge of Relational DBMS development using PL/SQL (Oracle) or T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Solid experience with Informatica
- Demonstrated expertise in developing complex backend systems using Java, C#, .NET or C++ with solid object oriented programming design concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer and/or finance or accounting related fields.
- Minimum 2 years as applications developer.
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Experience in developing and/or supporting Accounting, Finance, Investments, Portfolio Management and/or Capital Markets systems.
- Experience translating functional business requirements to technical specifications (preferably in the finance, accounting, derivative or portfolio management sectors).
- Proven history of detail oriented execution and commitment to customer satisfaction
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Experience and working knowledge in Data Warehouse, ETL, & Hadoop framework components.
- Experience or working knowledge of investments accounting systems such as PAM/PFI.
- Experience in working with securities & reference data feeds, such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, S&P, Moody’s, IDC, Markit, or similar.
- Experience and working knowledge of financial reporting and investments accounting principles.
- Experience in supporting complex production application processes.
- Experience working in a matrix and distributed environments.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on assigned deliverables.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and business processes.