RN, Registered Nurse Manager - Emergency Room
This role provides twenty-four (24) hour accountability for the delivery of quality patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients on assigned units. Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing, directing and meeting the daily needs and demands of patients and staff on assigned nursing units. Uses sound knowledge of nursing practices to assign patient careresponsibilities to staff based on the patient's acuity and skill needs. Operationalizes knowledge of human resource management to effectively manage and communicate with staff on assigned unit to promote open communication, teamwork and enhanced work performance. Responsible for effective utilization to ensure appropriate and efficient use of financial, supply and staff resources. Accountable for unit-level implementation of hospital policies and procedures. The Nurse Manager must maintain fiscal control within prescribed limits. Achieves high productivity while attaining exceptional patient, physician and associate satisfaction. This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership abilities to manage complex, stressful and critically important environments. Understands the CHRISTUS mission, vision and purpose.
- Associate's degree in nursing required. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments)
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with a working knowledge of CQI tools and techniques
- Membership in professional nursing organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change.
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to patient confidentiality.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the department.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues high complexity.
- Minimum 5 years clinical management experience
- Current Texas StateRN license
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Certifications required as equal to RN incumbents.
Req. No 70019445