Who You Are
You are an engaging and inspiring leader. Your team knows you have their backs. You understand that your team is an extension of you. You’ll readily champion their dreams, causes and ideas because you fully recognize the simple truth that you can only be as great as the team you lead.
You are a dynamic presenter. You respect your audience, always know your material front to back and can improvise without missing a beat.
You are a student of life and people. You see things others take for granted because you believe in the power of insight and understanding as the ultimate fuel for creating extraordinary business solutions.
You are a big creative thinker and have an excellent eye for awesome digital, social and mobile work. You’re the go-to person when it comes to generating the initial concept – you know what looks good, works best and what can actually be pulled off during development. You’re the one who is expected to have all the answers – and you do.
You’re an early adopter of digital platforms, ecommerce, innovations and best practices, and can see how and where to implement them for our clients.
You know people in the industry. You are well connected or you know how to get us connected.
You are a highly strategic thinker and command a seat at the strategic planning table. You are no longer interested in building a portfolio - you are more interested in helping build a company.
Your business ethics are beyond reproach. You are someone who can be trusted to do the right things even under the most difficult situations.
When is all said and done, you are someone your clients and colleagues respect because of the person you are and the work you do.
What The Job Is
The Director of Digital Strategy provides strategic vision and leadership to our digital marketing and business solutions. The Director is responsible for both cutting-edge, big idea thinking and laser-focused, highly effective tactics that integrate digital as a seamless solution in our marketing services. The Director is a strong representative of our digital strategy, able to effectively translate digital marketing solutions to various audiences supporting our company’s long-term goals.
- Provide strategic digital leadership and inspiration to our teams
- Supervise the development of strategic digital marketing approaches that meet client objectives and drive measurable results across digital platforms
- Drive subject matter expertise by staying current on trends across evolving digital media channels and related technologies
- Create comprehensive digital strategies for our clients, covering all aspects of their digital presence including paid, earned owned and shared touch points
- Lead and inspire the conception of breakthrough digital ideas
- Partner with creative, brand planning, media, technology and brand management teams to build effective digitalcampaigns, platforms and relationships
- Keep up with the latest digital industry and digital customer trends, and share knowledge within the agency and with our clients
- Possess the ability to solve unstructured business challenges
- Collaborate with senior level creative and account directors on various accounts
- Manage strategic senior-level relationships for our large clients and guide them with knowledge and solutions appropriate to their businesses, industries and trends
- Participate in new business development opportunities in conjunction with analytics and brand planning teams, including creation of pitch materials, scoping and presentation delivery
- Work closely with senior leadership team to define future direction of the digital team and department
- Provide annual business plan for the department by coordinating with the other department heads
Education, Experience And Skills
- Understanding of product development process (concept design, development, testing and deployment)
- Strong understanding of UX/UI
- Proven experience building, managing and motivating teams
- Cutting edge thinking and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally strong presentation skills (both writing and presenting)
- Creating, presenting, and overseeing the execution of digital strategies for top-tier brands
- Track record of developing online campaigns that extend across social, web, mobile, online advertising, search, apps, loyalty, etc.
- Understand shopper and consumer digital behaviors
- Understand the best mechanics to engage the target for brands and retailers
- Developing strategies involving front-end and back-end development for websites, e-commerce, loyalty/CRM, and apps
- Proven track record of social media and branded content strategy development and execution across major channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, etc.)
- Understanding of and past experience using analytical tools for social listening, ad tracking, websites, and app statistics (e.g., Google Analytics, Crimson Hexagon, Omniture, Adobe Analytics, comScore, MRI)
- Must be passionate about emerging trends and technology and be an early adopter who is digitally involved
Report To: SVP, Creative.