Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients. Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Applications Developer will translate business requirements into technical specifications that meet business needs, adhere to established standards, and are compliant with architectural principles.
- Contribute to decisions regarding project and infrastructure needs, including the evaluation of languages, development tools, platforms, and frameworks.
- Document existing and proposed solutions with appropriate technical documents and diagrams.
- Be responsible for all design aspects of an application including user interface, process flows, data flows, error handling, logging, reporting and integrations with other systems.
- Provide technical guidance to the Application Development team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure design is aligned with requirements.
- Perform design and code reviews. Is responsible for developing departmental policies and procedures as they relate to the development process and maintains up to date technical knowledge and industry best practices.
- Coding of applications, processes, reports and interfaces will be required. Additionally, some operations and maintenance will be required with several preexisting legacy systems as they are being replaced and retired.
- Creation and execution of detailed test scripts based on the requirements will be required.
- Provide support to third-party contractors
- Bachelor's Degree and 2years related work experience; or 6years related work experience.
- Proven ability to work independently or collaboratively on one or more requirements based on delegated tasking.
- A minimum of 2years hands on experience with Oracle 9i/10g/11g with DDL, DML, and PLSQL. SQL Server experience will suffice, but use of Oracle 11g Exadata knowledge is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required
Nice to Have:
- Experience with hosting, installation and administration of websites on IIS and Apache
- Experience with Production Support of .NET Applications
- Experience with one major source control software preferably Team Foundation Server
- Strong object oriented design and problem solving skills
- Experience with documenting systems per process based SDLC
- Experience with performance tuning of applications in a real time environment
- Experience with developing interactive business analysis tools and dashboards
- Experience with developing corporate data warehouses
- Understanding of CMMI and/or Agile development methodology processes a plus
- Experience with developing Windows Services
- Experience with creating Web Services in .NET/WCF
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC desirable