Catholic Health System
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Catholic Health is responsible for directing, facilitating, and coordinating the development, implementation, and ongoing system evolution and operational activities of Catholic Health. This position will report to the Catholic Health Board of Directors and be accountable to the Corporate Members and Sponsors.
The President and CEO will work closely with diverse stakeholders throughout Catholic Health to clarify, communicate, and continue to implement a shared vision for this evolving regional health system. The President and CEO will likewise provide leadership and direction in promoting the mission of Catholic Health, an integrated and streamlined approach to health care delivery which is, at the same time, respectful of the traditions and cultures associated with the participating entities.
Working closely with administrative and physician leadership throughout Catholic Health, Catholic Medical Partners, and affiliated entities, the President and CEO will be responsible for building effective partnerships and promoting collaborative relationships throughout Western New York to ensure that community needs are addressed through the delivery of cost-effective and quality services.
Areas of focus/expertise:
· Board(s) of Directors
· Financial Management
· Strategic Planning & Execution
· Advocacy & Community Relations
· Managing Human Resources
· Change Management – especially in the era of healthcare reform
· Examining/Re-engineering Operations
· Policy Formulation
· Credibility/Relationship Building/Professionalism
· ACA / Population Health Management / Healthcare Reform
REPORTS TO: Catholic Health Board of Directors
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President & CEO Home and Community Based Care
Chief Clinical Officer
Senior Vice President Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Mission Officer
Executive Assistant to President & CEO
- A Master's Degree in Health Care, Business Administration, Public Health or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years CEO experience with a demonstrated track record as a leader within a large integrated health care delivery system or a senior executive with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a large integrated health care delivery system. Familiarity with, comfort and commitment to the mission and values of a faith-based organization with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the mission, values, and goals of a multi-sponsored Catholic Health integrated delivery system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within an integrated health caredelivery system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization heavily involved in Population Health management.
- Strong physician relationship building skills with the ability to forge collaborative relationships with large, diverse medical staff.
- Must be visionary accompanied with a decisive and empowering leadership style.
- Experienced change agent with demonstrated ability to utilize appropriate strategies and accountability systems that ensure strong financial and clinical performance.
- Demonstrated ability to bring diverse stakeholders together around challenges and opportunities associated with clinical and cultural integration. Ability to make difficult decisions and effectively manage the inevitable conflict caused by such decisions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think, act and challenge in a manner that fosters collaboration, teamwork, and systemness.
- Demonstrated business and entrepreneurial skills, accompanied by a proven track record in guiding a complex health care delivery system through the demands of an intensely competitive and mature managed care environment.
- Demonstrated ability of being viewed as an extension of the organization in the community representing a good neighbor/citizen to the business and social communities of WNY.
- Experience in negotiating contracts/agreements with various payors within the marketplace.