The successful candidate will identify, develop and close new sales opportunities for Aclara's AMI and other solutions within an assigned territory and with focus on the water utility sector. The Regional Sales Director will develop and maintain strong relationship with key clients, regulatory personnel, industry consultants and other market influencers. Additionally, communicate market information for Company’s strategic planning and developing key account sales strategies in support of Company’s revenue and profit objectives.
- Collaborates with Sales Directors to scope the technical solutions to address utility requirements and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Aclara.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within Aclara and adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure technical requirements are met.
- Secures commitments from Product Marketing and Engineering needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Responsible for development and delivery of solutions demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the solutions to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Responds and reviews functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Conveys customer requirements to Product Marketing hardware and software teams.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channels, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member Sales Directors and Account Managers in order to enhance their product knowledge, utility acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Assists the Sales Director or Account Managers, with convincing clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services.
- Provides strong sales support to distributors and manufacturer representatives for all industry target accounts in assigned territory to achieve new customer Sales quotas.
- Works with other groups within the Aclara Sales organization and alongside Aclara’s channel partners to create new business in the territory. Coordinates with Aclara’s Enterprise, Geography, International, and Channel Sales to execute Sales plans.
- Monitors and reports on the activities of Competitors on a regular basis.
- Delivers effective sales presentations and customized product/solution training.
- Supports Product Marketing by gathering market/product intelligence from existing and prospective customers.
- Follows all established Sales and Account Management processes and procedures. Takes a lead role in the development and improvement of those processes and procedures.
- Must adhere to all company policies as outlined in the employee manual.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology-related field
- In lieu of BS degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with 10 or more years Account/Project Management or Salesexperience will be considered
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within the specific vertical utility industry.
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent.
- Advanced knowledge of Grid Monitoring/Sensors, Distribution Grid Technologies, Distribution Automation, SCADA, and Utility back office systems. To better collaborate with Aclara colleagues, working knowledge of Metering and AMI is highly desirable, too.
- Effectively communicates independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Master’s or higher level degree in Business or equivalent area of study.
- Five (5) years’ experience working specifically with Aclara solutions within the assigned utility vertical.