The Middle Market Relationship Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining sound and profitable business relationships, performing credit assessments, providing relationship leadership as well as meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations while satisfying regulatory requirements to originate and structure various banking services to privately held middle market companies throughout TCF Bank’s footprint and the greater Midwest.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Originate, analyze, structure and close profitable overall relationships.
- The RM has primary responsibility to maintain and confirm credit worthiness of existing customers. Gather, review and track appropriate documentation from clients including analysis and review of financial statements and covenant compliance.
- Lead the underwriting of loan requests for new and existing customers. Due diligence would include verifying financial information provided, analyzing financial statements, conducting credit checks and assuring loan meets all policy and regulatory requirements.
- Actively manage existing accounts, review quarterly, semi-annual and annual findings for compliance and credit determination. Recognize issues; early problem recognition, remedial management and appropriate coordination with workout is an important part of on-going portfolio management.
- Engage and provide direction to bank’s contracted professionals including attorneys, accountants, consultants, appraisers, title companies, and necessary government agencies, to ensure successful transactions.
- Provide guidance and direction to bank’s internal support personnel to ensure proper and accurate completion of loan transactions and day to day operational requirements.
- Promote and cross-sell other bank products and services as appropriate including TCF Treasury Management, TCF Private Banking, TCF Equipment Finance, TCF Inventory Finance, Winthrop Resources, and TCF Consumer Lending.
- Keep management fully informed on all key factors of the bank, the portfolio, client relationships and the competitive environment.
- Four-year college degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics, MBA in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of middle market lending experience
- Direct underwriting and portfolio management experience
- Ability to properly structure loans to minimize risk to the Bank; knowledgeable of negotiating, structuring, and closing commercial loan transactions
- Strong analytical and credit skills
- A high level of interpersonal and sales skills are necessary to compete effectively, present proposals to client and recommend loan transactions to bank senior management
- Knowledge of SBA and other similar government guarantee programs preferred