I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As an Area Clinical Operations Manager, you will:
- Consult with regional/divisional/corporate staff and operational delivery/business contacts to identify solutions to location/area/region needs/concerns.
- Directly supervise and manage the Area Education Specialist and oversee the clinical orientation and training functions.
- Serve as an expert resource to the branch for patient intake/inquiries, the assessment of patient needs and clinical oversight. Is responsible for coordinating with other internal/external expert areas to assist branch issues or inquiries.
- Develop and implement appropriate support plan to meet specific, identified objectives for support activities and responds to negative trends in performance metrics (clinical outcomes, field audit results, etc.) by assisting location managers in the development of action plans to resolve local issues.
- Mentor/direct operations to ensure the provision of quality service is consistent with applicable government laws/regulations and corporate policies/guidelines/standards.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to assist in meeting their business and clinical objectives - supporting/maximizing current business activities, future growth and provision of quality patient care.
- Mentor office management in understanding clinical aspects of the reimbursement process, (e.g., utilization management, focused medical reviews, denials, etc.) and provide education to improve documentation ensuring accurate reimbursement for services.
- Provide direction regarding clinical process improvement methods and guides associates in the implementation of new process/procedures/methods.
- Provide education/training on Company policy, clinical process and procedures to Operations Management, office Associates, and Field Clinical Associates in settings ranging from one-on-one sessions to group facilitation.
- Provide expertise/consultation in answering questions from Administrative and Field Associates regarding policy/regulation/procedures/documentation/processes.
- Interview and evaluate candidates for Operations Management and Clinical Management positions, providing consultation with the candidate sponsor in making the hiring decision.
- Facilitate implementation of Company initiatives, changes in policy/regulation/process/procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with the Clinical Operations department and other pertinent entities to ensure consistent direction to field locations and support in meeting company goals and objectives.
- Assist in identification and utilization of appropriate divisional/corporate resources to meet established performance standards.
- Coordinate communication and information flow with corporate support groups.
- Develop and prepare communications to keep operations management and clinical operations informed of status, problems, achievements, etc.
- Proactively identify issues impacting patient care and/or office operations and involve up-line operations management and/or clinical operations.
- Keep abreast of pertinent information regarding policy, regulation, clinical practice, procedures and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or the equivalent.
- A minimum of eight years clinical experience including two years in home care environment generally required.
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice plus strong knowledge of home health operations/regulations required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have board knowledge of home health agency regulatory requirements and administration.
- Excellent proactive leadership skills, strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Keywords: homehealth, hospice, hospice nurse, hospice RN, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, home care manager, homecare manager, home health manager, home care supervisor, homecare supervisor, home health supervisor, home care director, homecare director, home health director, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, home health management, homecare management, home care management, hospice manager, hospice director, hospice supervisor, hospice nursing, hospice management, hospice RN manager, hospice RN director, hospice RN supervisor, OASIS C, OASIS-C, HCS-D, HCSD, HCS D, homecare coding, homecare coding specialist diagnosis, home care coding specialist diagnosis, COSC, COS-C, COS C, certificate for OASIS specialist clinical, ICD9, ICD10, ICD 9, ICD 10, audit, auditing, medical coding, home health management job, home health management jobs, homecare management job, homecare management jobs, home care management job, home care management jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 40264