We are looking for Java Developer for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The client is seeking a experienced professional Senior Websoft Developer to join the Enterprise development team supporting theDepartment of Transitional Assistance’s enterprise eligibility determination and case management solution called Benefit Eligibility and Control On-line Network (BEACON) and its supporting mainframe legacy systems.
- The Senior Systems Analyst/Developer will consult directly with Business Analysts, web application developers, Testing (SQA) team, Business users, and others, to design and develop application code as requested and approved through the Systems Request, Information Request, and Help Desk ticket processes.
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot DTA Midrange applications code using JAVA, XML, and HTML, etc.
- Develop, maintain and update program code as needed to address issues and defects.
- Research, analyze and document reports, batch, and web based processes.
- Test programs and program changes by reviewing and/or preparing test data, conducting test runs and reviewing input and output data.
- Consult with Business Analysts for clarification of needs and analyzing requests for new systems/programs, or requests for maintenance, to determine feasibility, input/output procedures and required systems output.
- Write test plans, task lists, and status reports to comply with agency standards, and as required by Unit Manager/Supervisor/Director.
Skills needed/ Experience:
- 8-12years of experience in Solution, Design and Hands on Development of web applications using Java EE, JBoss Server
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML
- Extensive use of Eclipse (commonly used plug-ins and debug techniques)
- Expert is SOAP, REST services specifically Apache CXF.
- Experience in using Java frameworks – Spring or similar frameworks, and JQuery.
- Experience in developing both web and mobile based projects.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Web services, Spring, Hibernate, Java Script, and AJAX.
- Integration experience using Web Services/SOA and EJB preferably on JBoss platform
- Expert in tuning all tiers of applications on JEE platform.
- Strong backend experience to develop Data Layer using at least one of the frameworks like Hibernate, JPA etc.
- Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defect.
- Experience in AGILE based project development.
- Experience with Oracle, Unix Shell script, Stored Procedures, Complex SQLs tuning.
- Experience with eligibility rules engine is a plus.
- Health and Human Services domain experience is a plus.