The primary mission of the Data Scientist function is to incorporate various responsibilities involved with the development of analytical tools in SAS, SQL, R, or Python to track key metrics identified by various teams within brand strategy. The Data Scientist should be able to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches easily identifying correlations between multi-dimensional datasets.
- Develop analytical tools in SAS, SQL, R, or Python to track division performance and create KPI reports for Senior-level executives.
- Solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches using unique blend of technical, business mathematical, analytical and data skills
- Use deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Analyze large, complex multi-dimensional data sets with variety of tools
- Monitor, coordinate, and oversee scheduled and automated dashboards as well as alerting systems to notify Marketing of changes in customer behavior, industry trends, segmentations and KPIs.
- Gather data intelligence from all available sources; including data collection, competitor tracking, market share, digital data, social media, customer sentiment, financial results, and competitive research.
- Data governance regarding direct report queries maintaining correct protocol and procedures working with large, in production data sets.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s level Degreerequired; Master’s preferred (in lieu of Master’s several years’ experience using large data sets in SAS/SQL); preferred fields of study include MIS, CIS, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences and/or Mathematics.
- 3 -4+years’experiencein SAS programming.
- Experience with Big Data/large extracts/complex source data
- Preference for experience with customer, digital, and social media data
- Strong working background in Data Mining, Data Extraction, & Coding required.
- Experience with multiple data platforms
- Data control/smoothing across several sources
- Prior experience in large data sets/data scientist/analytics
Skills & Knowledge:
- Statistical modelling
- Fluency with scriptinglanguage such as Python
- Emerging trends in data analytics and open source languages
- Excellent written and presentation communications
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with cross-functional teams
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Intellectual curiosity
- SAS, SQL
- Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint, Exchange, Visio, Access, Excel