Engineers the technical solutions to business requirements based oninfrastructuredesign.
• Takes architectural specifications and considers business to create cost-effective, high quality infrastructure solutions to operate the business.
• Improves infrastructure, process and toolset by engaging with other IT projects and professions to eliminate barriers and direct IT toward best practices.
• Participates in complex projects of long duration providing execution.
• Provides analysis, design consultation, and evaluation for technical or infrastructure projects.
• Manages technical deliverables in the infrastructure phase, creating detail architecture for technical solutions and providing accurate estimates for building components.
• Participates in the evaluation of new infrastructuretechnologies, and new feature sets of existing infrastructuretechnologies.
• Maintains and shares knowledge with team in both formal and informal settings.
• Troubleshoots production and non-production issues utilizing the appropriate tools.
• Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes.
• Maintains security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
• May supervise junior engineering and technical staff.
• Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skills
• Stress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and difficult and/or emotional client situations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to develop, read and interpret technical documentation
• Excellent oral and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates
• Understanding of web and mobile standards, code deployment practices and SDLC
• Proficient in the following components: Windows Operating Systems, Remote Access Applications (VNC, Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, etc.), networktechnologies, systems security, Cloud technologies and network monitoring tools, .NET 3.5, 4.0, Web Application Configuration and Architecture, IIS 6.0, 7.0
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box), and of monitoring systems and automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Radio background a plus
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• None required
Additional Job Description:
- Participate in the cloud security governance model, establishing policies, standards and best practices
- Provide advanced level skills and expertise to architect cloud solutions and to develop governance, principles and best practices
- Ability to work in a DevOps model
- Knowledge of scriptingtechnologies such as Ruby and BASH
- Experience utilizing Chef, Puppet, recipes and cookbooks
- Experience with ELK and LAMP stacks