Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is looking for a Market Director to support our Enterprise Software business unit. Th role will utilize critical market intelligence and expertise, this position is key in the US Power Grids Sales Team’s Marketing and Sales activities and in representing the interests of the Business Unit (BU) of Grid Automation Enterprise Software business in the US market. The Market Manager is responsible for the development of profitable and sustainable sales growth for the PGGA Enterprise Software portfolio in the US and aligning the local sales and marketing strategy with the BU objectives. In addition, this position will lead a team of business development and market professionals. This position will monitor the target markets response to the sales and marketing efforts, performs analysis, and provides appropriate feedback to influence current / future portfolio roadmaps.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Research and analyze Market Size, Market Share, Market Segments, Economic & Regulatory Drivers, Applications & Technologies, Products / Systems / Services, Channels to Market, Industry Trends, Competitors, SWOT Analysis, etc. Develop Strategic Sales Plan
• Utilize market intelligence against current and future strengths/capabilities in alignment with the BU/Division Business Strategy
Develop Marketing Plan
• Lead Customer Focus Groups - Identify Market / Customer needs and preferences – Influence Product Roadmaps – Product Launches.
Define what is needed to be successful in local markets and work with BU Marketing to develop Sales Collateral and VBS “Value Based Selling” differentiators.
Customer Interfacing – Relationships - Pursuits
• Work in tandem with Outside Sales resources (Direct & Reps), Channel Partners and End Users, influencing specifications
Drive Capture Teams, Must Wins, relevant pipeline management and support
Provide KPI results for supplier scorecards with key customers
Associations, Industry Standards Committees, regulatory bodies, etc.
• Active presence and participation, influence standards & regulations, etc.
Sales Management Support
• Budgeting - perform DOE “Demand Order Estimate” “MM” process and lead forecasting for respective BU with Sales Leaders
• Develop and Manage Sales Initiatives and programs
• Ensure necessary training and accreditation is provided
BU Interfacing “Liaison”
• Reporting, bi-directional communication between PG Sales and BU, drive Product Development needs for local market based on product gaps “white space analysis”, internal tools and processes, Cost Allocations, negotiate pricing, after sales support, etc.
• BA/BS Business or Engineering. 12 plus years market professional experience. OR Master’s degree in Business or Engineering. 10 years market professional experience.
o 7 years’ minimum experience working in sales and marketing role, in-depth knowledge and experience working with Utilities and Industry in the US preferred.
• Proficient with MS Word, PPT, Excel.
• Demonstrated Market Analytics and Negotiation skills.
• In-depth knowledge and experience working with Utilities and Industry in the US preferred.
“Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US"
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.