SoFi is hiring a Manager for our Learning and Development (L&D) function. This role will be a critical part of the Human Resources team and will ensure that our employee population of 1,000 (and growing) are becoming their best selves and doing their best work everyday.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 250 to 1000+ employees in the past year, have surpassed 300,000 members, and raised $1.5 Billion in our last two rounds of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
This role will play across multiple areas of L&D for the entire company. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who has broad experience in designing learning solutions for various stakeholders (for both our current needs and longer term strategy), managing high-profile development programs and has a passion for continuous learning, so they are bringing best practices in learning to our teams.
- The development and coordination of various learning solutions across SoFi in collaboration with the HR Business Partner team
- Design and develop learning experiences to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner
- Conducting needs analysis with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to define the most pressing development needs and building impactful solutions
- Serve as project manager for multiple learning experiences across SoFi
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs and develop strategies that lead to improved results
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure projects meet specified requirements and are completed on schedule
- Be an influential thought partner in the development of the long-term vision and strategic direction of employee development
- Research emerging learning strategies, especially as it relates to a millennial employee population
- Serve as lead for company communications in partnership with the HR team and VP, Communications and Policy.
- Design engaging ways to train our employees (people managers and individual contributors, including a large non-exempt/call center team)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated capability in managing the balance between what if? and get it done!
- Attention to detail and organization balanced with an ability to move fast and execute
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unrivaled project management experience
- Confident in presenting materials to an audience
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to prioritize and manage completing tasks
- Great interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Easily adapts to changes in the work environment and comfort with ambiguity
- 5+ years of related experience, including learning content creation and delivery
- Desire to grow and take on more responsibilities within a fast-growing company
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent PC software skills, including MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Leadership development domain experience
- Ability to translate concepts into vital learning experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated related experience
- Catered lunches or the equivalent for employees who work in a SoFi office, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.