Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer
As part of the Regional Supplier Technical Assistance (“STA”) Engineering Team, and based out of our regional office in Naperville, IL, the successful candidate will be responsible for a number of the JLR Supplier sites located in the North American and Canadian regions. This particular position will require extensive travel throughout the Michigan/Illinois area, as well as parts of Canada.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- JLRQ Manufacturing Site Assessment for Suppliers;
- JLRQ / Supplier site Improvement and development;
- Improve Supplier Quality systems/Drive Continuous Improvement;
- Support Sourcing for Quality;
- FMEA & Control Plan Sign-off;
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) / eAPQP;
- Phased PPAP (Production Part Approval Process,);
- 8-D / Concern Resolution;
- Warranty Reduction;
- Conformity of Production;
- Field Action / Stop Shipment (FASS);
- Supplier Management and Escalation Process; and
- Other projects as assigned.
- The STA Engineer will have an excellent knowledge of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, NPI, 8D) and is required to focus on product and process performance at external suppliers of Jaguar Land Rover.
- In addition to experience with the use of quality engineering tools, the ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of manufacturing processes and ideally some Continuous Improvement training, such as Six Sigma.
- Candidates with prior quality, engineering and /or manufacturing automotive systems knowledge and experience will be at an advantage, therefore, the successful Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineer will have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, (Master’s degree is a plus);
- Strong Automotive Quality/ Engineering/Manufacturing background (5-10 years);
- Expertise in DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, NPI and 8D are required;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
- Experience in process improvement (i.e.: Six Sigma);
- Must possess strong business leadership skills;
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within a business;
- Must be able to work independently and forward plan;
- Must demonstrate a high Energy level, with the ability to drive manufacturing excellence into suppliers; and
- Must have the ability to travel domestically and internationally within assigned territory, and as required.