We are a leading provider of automation and control products and services for equipment and plant control in Power Generation, Process, and Manufacturing industries. Our differentiatedIndustrialInternet solutions enable customers to optimize equipment performance and ensure reliable and efficient operations by connecting their equipment, data, and people to Insights and Actions generated through Analytics. Our Edge solutions include Outcome Optimizing Controls, Field Agents,Operator Interface products, and anIndustrial Communicationsportfoliofor hard to connect distributed assets. Our dedicated team includes some of the best minds in automation capable of solving our customers’ toughest challenges. GE Automation & Controls is a business unit within GE Energy Connections.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Field Engineer – Drives and Controls is a key member of our field service team and responsible for a variety of billable tasks. The Lead Field Engineer will utilize their electrical engineering background, a combination of education and experience, to safely perform a variety of billable and non-billable tasks ranging from engineering consulting, project management and field maintenance on Drives and Process systems across a wide range of industries.
As the Lead Field Engineer, you will:
- Participate in EHS and develop a thorough understanding of GE’s EHS Policies and Procedures. Conduct work activities in a compliant manner adhering to the highest level of personal safety
- Utilize engineering and industry knowledge to analyze customer’s drives and control systems and their critical process
- Develop detailed recommendations and reports, working with customer to ensure that the proposed design changes and contractual commitment have been met
- Utilize a variety of test equipment to start-up, commission and repair GE and other OEM’s Drives and Control equipment, such as, but not limited to: analog and digital, LV / MV AC / DC, standalone and coordinated drive systems as well as PLC Controllers in Steel, Paper, Chemical and other heavy industries
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external resources on drive start-up and maintenance outages
- Plan, organize, lead and execute multiple customer projects involving internal / external labor and procurement of material
- Manage project team and have thorough understanding of customer and supplier contractual commitments ensuring projects are delivered in a safe manner and that our customer and business commitments are met or exceeded
- Act as focal point for change orders
- Work cross functionally with our Account Managers to help identify and quote new service opportunities
- Assist in the development of job cost estimates and attend critical customer meetings, as needed, to review proposals
- Develop and expand technical knowledge and expertise.
- Participate in key industry organizations (AIST, IEEE, TAPPI, etc.) and or have thorough understanding of critical industry standards (NFPA, NEC, NERC, etc.)
- Utilize internal systems to complete all administrative duties in a timely manner, such as, but not limited to: scheduling, time sheets, expense processing, fleet reporting, purchase order creation and processing, etc.
- Attend and participate in key team meetings
- Complete all site safety reports, technical report and field service reports in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering or otherEngineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of field engineeringexperience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining drives and controls equipment including:
- Minimum of 2 year of field design experience working with drives and controls equipment
- Minimum of 3 years leading projects and or engineering teams
- Minimum of 7 years of experience of field engineeringexperience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining drives and controls equipment
- Previous experience working on GE / TMEIC Drive Products: Analog / Digital Siltron, AC / DC300, AC / DC2000, AC / DC Innovation, AV / DV300. TM10, TMDC , and Durabilit
- Experience on HMI systems for Cimplicity, MMI, MM2000, and RSView
- Operator Station programming experience on GE Intelligent Platform Products (QuickPanel, Cimplicity Operator Stations) or AB PanelView / RSView
- Master Controller / PLC experience on DMC Controller, Series-Six, 90/30 PLC, 90/70 PLC, RX3i PLC, RX7i PLC, IOS, Stand Controller, and Innovation Controller
- Previous experience working on other OEM’s drive equipment: Allen Bradley, ABB, Siemens, Robocon, TMEIC, Toshiba, etc.
- Ability to develop job specific application software control code for paper mill machine applications (Paper Machines, Winders, Tissue Machines, Super Calenders, etc.)
- Programming and Application knowledge in Steel Rolling and Processing (Gauge & Tension Control, Mass Flow, Hot Mill, Cold Mill, Galvanizing Lines, Pickling Lines, Tension Leveling Lines)
- Background in programming and troubleshooting PLC’s / Drives and understanding of key communication protocols (DLAN, ISBUS, ProfiBus, BacNet, etc.)
- Troubleshooting of generators, motor exciter and synchronous motors
- Detailed orientated with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet key deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also work within team
- Effective oral and communication skills
- Strong PC Skills – Specifically MS Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point