Director Annual Giving
Requisition ID 2017-34573 Category FoundationLocation US-IA-Fort DodgeAddress 802 Kenyon Rd Affiliate 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical CtrCity Fort Dodge Department Foundation AdminState IA FTE 1.0 FLSA Exempt Scheduled Hours/ShiftDays
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for developing, planning and implementing a comprehensive Annual Giving program that will increase participation and financial support to UnityPoint Health – Fort Dodge’s annual giving program.
Position is Full Time: 40 hours per week.
Shift: Days. Will include some evenings for events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates a comprehensive annual fund program designed to broaden the health system’s donor base and increase overall participation and financial support to the annual giving program.
- Oversees all annual fundraising programs including: managing a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program, a proactive personal solicitation program, administering a calling program and incorporating electronic requests for gifts.
- Identifies annual fund donors and prospects between $250 and $1,000 with a focus on increasing annual gifts. Makes recommendations for movement of assigned donors to major gift prospect tracking.
- Coordinates all components of the annual Employee Giving Campaign.
- Working with Trinity Foundation leadership, establishes fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, schedules, and analysis of results for each element of the annual giving program.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications to coordinate a cohesive annual marketing effort to increase annual gifts through advertising, publications, social networking and events related to the annual giving program. Capable of writing messages and content for annual giving printed, electronic and verbal script materials.
- Analyzes data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to provide analyses of program results and to plan for future segmentation. Implements plans to increase the percentage of donors who take advantage of corporate matching gift programs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of health system’s programs and organizational priorities.
- Coordinates all special events and special fundraising efforts, i.e. Swing for a Cure, Lighting of the Luminaries, etc.
- Coordinates and maintains all donor recognition programs/publications, i.e. Annual Friends of Trinity Event, Annual Report, Donor Wall, etc.
- Works closely with Development Coordinator to develop donor communication.
- Serve as the liaison for community engagement opportunities, e.g. Leadership Fort Dodge, community tours, etc.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Experience: 2 plus years of nonprofit fundraising experience, preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to build a rapport quickly with current and prospective donors, maintain relationships and adapt to change. Must have strong writing and grammatical skills. Must have the ability to organize work effectively.