Vice President, Business and Industry Partnerships
Criminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks arerequired for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are alsorequired for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.General Statement of Job
The Vice President, Business and IndustryPartnerships, delivers project management, strategic planning, and implementationsupport for key College initiativesas assigned by the Provost-CAO and/or the President-CEO. Monitors ACC's participation in the Statewide Plan for HigherEducation,60x30TX.Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties andresponsibilities include the following.Otherduties may be assigned.
- Leads the design and creation of a Regional 60x30 Council in support of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board 60x30 Statewide Plan.
- Leads the design and implementation of research efforts to track business and industry trends and customer satisfaction.
- Scopes and implements ACC's special projects and strategic initiatives as determined by the Provost and President. Works in conjunction with senior management and a Project Implementation Team, as applicable, to pursue and achieve objectives pertaining to the ACC Strategic Plan.
- Leads selected program-based special projects that require cross-functional engagement with key staff across the organization, and with external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Provides support to the Provost or President for the convening of a range of meetings on short- or long-term projects of import to ACC. This may include undertaking research, tracking trends, preparing presentations; development of meeting agendas; drafting briefing papers and/or compiling pertinent background materials for attendees; preparing summaries of discussion; and ensuring appropriate and effective communications with participants, as needed.
- Proactively identifies and engages individual experts, as well as informational resources, that can help frame and advance ACC's work on key trends or emerging issues for the community.
- In the context of the College's Strategic Plan and annual work plan, researches, and analyzes issues and technologies that have the potential to impact student success and provide thought leadership on methods of integration in ACC strategic initiatives.
- Prepares background materials and develops proposed action strategies in support of the College's efforts to advance student success relative to identified trends and emerging issues.
- Assists in the development of the College's annual plans and related budget.
- Assists in developing funding proposals for College projects and initiatives.
- May include brief assignments working closely with other departments.
- Coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels assigned personnel while adhering to organizational human resources policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions managed.
KnowledgeMust possessrequired knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Familiarity with research sources in education, training, career and human resources development.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Effective management and leadership models and techniques.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
SkillsMust possessrequired skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Demonstrated experience identifying key issues and carrying forward ideas or projects from conception to execution.
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate information gathered through research and consultations, to apply that information in created and cross-cutting ways, and to synthesize appropriate strategies and responses.
- Track record of taking initiative in competing organizational and departmental priorities and to work effectively under pressure when facing extremely short deadlines.
- Ability to conduct exceptional research, writing, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identify issues and problems.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and demonstrated ability to work easily with senior leaders within the public and private sectors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Ability to partner well with colleagues both in and outside of the organization.
- Excellent executive leadership skills, to converse easily with prominent academics and significant leaders in the community.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively manage supervisory responsibilities.
- Providing leadership at all levels of the College.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy to interact with individuals.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software.
- Five years related work experience including managerial experience.
- Significant project management, strategic planning, or research work experience.
- Master's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.