Director of Financial Operations
Less than 5 years experience • Automotive
The NA Director of Financial Operations will be responsible for leading the NA Division / BU Controllers and overseeing all aspects of financial operations including month-end closing, forecasting, budgeting, long-range planning and financial analysis & reporting for Mubea North American (NA). Responsibilities include evaluating and driving continuous improvement with the focus on providing efficient and effective financial and operational support to the business leads and teams.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to the NA Division / BU Controllers.
- Responsible for driving standard and consistent NA Financial Operations support including monthly closing, forecasting, budgeting, long-range planning and financial analysis & reporting.
- Leads the NA Annual Operating Budget / Mid-Term Planning and Forecasting processes.
- Develop and deliver in-depth business and cost analyses that provide greater insight and clarity to business performance, highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Works with the NA Division / BU Leads and various operational team members to standardize and improve finance and operational processes including reporting & analysis.
- Assist the NA Central Controller with improving standard costing including the standardization of direct / indirect cost centers and allocation methods leveraging SAP COPA.
- Ability to facilitate and drive cross functional continuous improvement teams.
- Identifies, leads and assists with special projects focused on improving financial operations support, visibility and transparency.
- Support annual External Audit, including data preparation and response.
- Demonstrates an understanding of manufacturing environments and cost accounting methods.
- Drives best practices and standardization across North America for all responsible activities.
- Communicates with key stakeholders including the CEO, CFO, BU / Division Management and Mubea Group Finance / Accounting.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and at least 10years related experience in accounting and/or finance.
- A minimum of five years in a senior-level finance and/or accounting position required.
- A minimum of three years in automotive industry required, preferably in a Finance/Controlling position.
- Team player with ability to effectively communicate with those from the shop floor through senior leadership, conveying accounting data in a clear, concise and understandable way.
- Positive attitude, strong analytical and investigative skills, high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Focused and driven to analyze problems and collaborate with others to identify and deliver solutions.
- Strong computer literacy including ERP (SAP & AS400), MS Office and EPM (Consolidation, Budgeting and Reporting) tools.
- Highest level of ethics and integrity.
Preferred Education and Experience:
MBA or Masters Accountancy desirable
- CPA and/or CMA certification preferred
- Experience in automotive manufacturing and /or engineering and sales driven businesses
- Experience working in a global, international organization (German preferred)